Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with new motherboard (asus a7n266-vm)

• 18-01-2003 3:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭

Hey all,
    I have a problem with a new motherboard I just installed today. When I turn it on it just does nothing, there aren't even any error beeps.

When I originally installed it, I suspected it might be the PSU's fault, so I swapped it with one I knew was working, and it still failed to boot up, however, at that point it gave me the POST beebs (long beeps in an infinite loop) meaning that there was no memory or that it wasnt being picked up, so again I swapped the memory with memory I knew to be working, now I get nothing.

I have since tried the psu which I suspected to be not working on another machine (this one) and its working fine, and put the suspicious memory in another machine which is also working fine. I dont know where to go from here however and its quite annoying. The motherboard is brand new so I cant see how it could be damaged (but I know its possible) are there any further test I can try to determine where the fault lies??

thanks in advance
    Baz_

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭halfab

what processor are you trying it with ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭halkar

You are not alone.Check out this thread In a nutshell:
    1-Check the CPU-DRAM frequency settings [jumpers BSEL0, BSEL1) manual seems to be wrong on this.
    2-Clear cmos, you might need a jumper to short the two pins as there might not be one on them. Better still take out the cmos battery and put back.
    3-PSU might be a cause (I had problems with PSUs when using with Asus boards as they tend to be a bit picky on the PSU specs)
    4-If all fails , also check if the cpu fan is pluged in the right connector. Connector usually located with the PSU fan connector and easy to get confused. But I think you would get a something like a siren sound if the fan is not connected but worth checking :)
    All the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

number 3 it was halkar, I tried a better psu in it, and bob was my uncle.

Thanks for the help

Baz_

Advertisement