Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Heskey & Owen reunited

• 18-01-2003 6:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭

Yet another combination from GH. AT least he's going with the strike force thaat used to work. But then again both strikers have been out of form of late.

Kirkland

Carragher
    Hyypia
    Henchoz
    Riise

Murphy
    Gerrard
    Traore
    Diouf

Owen
    Heskey

But why Traore in midfield?:(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Why Traore, full stop! At least he's not in defense anyway.

I'm in a bit of a pickle here... on the one hand I want Liverpool to win ffs but on the other Beattie is in my Fantasy Football team and I need points ;D

Only joking... g'wan the 'Pool!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I presume Traore is on the left, which is maddnes if Bergers fit.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

No Diouf is on the left as far as I know. Traore is only fillinf in for Diao.

And there goes Heskey back onto the score sheet after been absent for so long.

IMO Owen Heskey are good together. Heskey is strong and fast and good in the air. Owen is fast and good on the ball.

lets hope we see three points on in 45 minutes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

:D:D:D:D

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Phew!

We made it hard work but alas thank ****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Don't worry lads, it's just a slight upturn in form. We'll be resuming normal crappy service soon.

Hopefully not though, 'wan Heskeh!

Woah!!!!

3 points for th 'pool. How long has it been. Nevertheless it feels great.

G'wan Heskey.

But time

Latest from GH
    I always said we'd see the best of Emile after Christmas and the New Year. He was injured a couple of times but now we are seeing the Emile we like

I always felt better with Heskey up front. I know he ain't the best striker in England but he scored some good and vital late goals last season. Three points in the bag which is all that matters really:D

Me is pleased alot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭spanner_head

I'm very happy with the 3pts. I thought Southampton would win. *phew*

Surely there could have been a better player to put in instead of taore.

Hopefully now this win will spur us on to beat sheffield utd tomorrow and make it a man u and liverpool worthington cup final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

GH tactics are very confusing. Why wouldn't he swap Traore and Riise around after all those are the positions they are used to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭ciano

Originally posted by thegills
    GH tactics are very confusing. Why wouldn't he swap Traore and Riise around after all those are the positions they are used to.

lol ... yes his tatics are confusing. Why does he persist in picking players like Diouf, Heskey, Traore, Murphy & Smicer (I know he wasnt playing against Southampton).

And why Baros doesnt get a regular starting position I'll never know! :confused:

Advertisement