Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NTL cable TV outage in Dublin?

• 18-01-2003 7:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭

I'm in Dublin 2, and my TV has been showing nothing but static for the past 24 hours. I've been unable to get through to NTL's helpline, after waiting on hold for 40 minutes. Anyone know what the problem is or when it's likely to be fixed?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

They are upgrading the network to 2 way with redundant fibre connections on the backhaul in order to have capacity for 200 digital channels and 1 or 2 mbit symmetrical broadband for everyone in your area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

when are we likely to see results, any time this year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭daramullally

Hey Muck,

I assume that was a joke!

I haven't heard of any plans to restart the 2-way upgrade of NTL's network.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Ask This Lot what happened ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭daramullally

Well if thats true then it is great news for broadband in Dublin!

Nice one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

Me thinks he was taking the micky! NTL increase broadband penetration? Not likely in our lifetime.

Advertisement