Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about structure of IOFFL

Options
  • 18-01-2003 8:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Hello there,

since we are steadily progressing with the GOFFL creation, and use pretty much what you use (only exception is we ll probably use some other forums), including GeekLog and anything else that has come handy to you, I d like to ask:

Whats the structure of IOFFL? I see random members here being members of the "Committee". How many members does the Committee have, and with what responsibilities?
    How did you (they) end up joining the Committee in the first place?
    How old are you?:)

I really need to explain to the Greek public what the committee will be doing and dealing with, but..um...I dont know how to start.
    Any help will be appreciated:)

Regards,

John

Founder - www.greeceoffline.org

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Dangger

In the beginning the initial volunteers who stepped up to form IrelandOffline, volunteered for the role of committee members. Then after we held our first public meeting there was an opportunity for other people to come forward and the then current committee members restood for their positions with the backing of those present at the meeting.

There were at a time 3 working groups, Technical, Research and Lobbying however there were difficulties in keeping the three groups co-ordinated and information needed for actions by one group was often not available fast enough for that group. The working groups idea was shelved and a single committee remained.

Over the past 18 months people have left the committee and others have joined. At the most recent AGM there was not a sufficient attendance to hold a vote for a new chairman as I had decided to step down. As a result I stayed on for my sins!

We are planning to hold an EGM in the Spring to allow for formalisation and alteration to the current committee which will also see the introduction and the adoption of the constitution.

Advertisement