Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

spot the difference..... (dont worry im not giving out about anything!)

Options
  • 19-01-2003 6:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭

As it is almost 6 am on a satuday nite/sunday morning and i cant sleep ive gotten to thinking about some things. i was just thinking about how a lot of stereotypes out there regarding people who listen to different types of music i.e kornheads, inidie people, rockers etc whatever you wanna call em. there seems to be a certain style associated with the different groups and i was just curious to know if this was apperent in all aspects of these peoples lives ie would there be a certain career that would be common or would there be a certain type of car driven, do indie girls all go for a certain type of man etc i dunno these are just basic things.

I dunno, im just curious as to whether people have noticed any trends not necessarily in the areas ive mentioned in particular just i dunno anything really,

or are all of the stereotypes and generalisations unfounded?

Im not sure what particular group i fall into myself if any.

my mammy says im special though.....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Most Kornheads are usually killed in drive-by shootings so it will be hard to ever get an accurate idea on what their career path may have been.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

I find that most Kornheads are found drowned in there own self pitty.... but thats just me...

in the old, old, old days when i was a brat (and Kornhead) most Indie Girls seemed to like me (including my current girlfriend)

don't worriw i'm over all that Korn Krap now... i've been through rehab.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Ste k

I imagine with most Kornheads the is a decontamination process

Age 12-14 Trying to be part of the korn group consumes them hang around at urban venues seeking for independence in numbers

Age 14-16 Posters are bought, baggy trousers and any thought of washing forgotten and lost in the managed rage. The cloning process has almost peaked

Age 16-18 Rebelling against the system begins to take its toll from parents and the pressures of school.

Leaving cert year- College and future possiblities have de-contaminated all previous korness. Most get over 350 to get into arts in UCD cause "I dont know what i want to do man"

Once in college they become new clones to the system, and find out that Q-bar is alot nicer than hanging out behind a bank of ireland skateing place.

As the laws of nature state a few are immune to this decontamination process and go on for a few years playing the music that spawned so many.

Well thats what i think will or would happed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

yeah rebelling against the system
    thats fabulous.

the whole "pressures" of leaving cert and parents is a common excuse.

Disillusionment with your surroudnings can be much worse.

still korn heads.
    ever wonder why all those people hang around the music centre in the rain.
    i mean its codl and damp... would'nt it be better to go somwhere warm?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Yes of course it would but that wouldnt be rebelling against the "man" would it!

• Advertisement

We wanna be free to ride our bikes with out being hassled by

-->
    Originally posted by Amz
    the "man"

I'm the man and you're the man and he's the man aswell so you can point that ****ing finger up your ass!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Ste k

Basically were all men here, so no chocolate fingers please. Theres trying to be rebelous and then there taking the biscuit. So no limp attempts or else papa is going come after your roaches and you'll all be left in the park, trying to linkin all your chains looking like white zombies in the cold november rain.

Were all in the family and peace to me hommies

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Originally posted by Amz
    I'm the man and you're the man and he's the man aswell so you can point that ****ing finger up your ass!!

I thought I was the only tool fan here, kudos amz, you have taste!

but back to the point, i see all these central bank ankle biters, and I think to myself "I was never that bad, was I? I wasn't a smart ass lippy know it all?"

then I think back to 1993

Long curly hair

Tight black jeans

Metallica t shirt

OH DEAR GOD!!!!!

what makes it worse is that Sliverfish was a witness to this, and probably has pictures.....

amz not only has taste she has cooties aswell

• Advertisement

yeah im a tool fan

cept in Raggamuffins case......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭nuvolari

am i the only one who thinks the central bank korn kiddies are kinda cute? i mean they're all ikkle and think they're so rebelious! and those baggy pants and hoodies are positivly comical....bless...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Ah back in the old days on the steps, there was the punks(REAL PUNKS) on one side and the rest on the other, then it got ruined by who-ever, the under-age drinking, needles, and other stuff....... korn heads werent the prob.....people trying to label people are......oh get me and my social observations........

Advertisement