Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

QUB-lan Party

Options
  • 10-11-2000 4:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi all,
    There's a big Charity LAN Party to be held in Belfast from 8PM on Friday the 17th of November until 8PM on Saturday the 18th. We're going for the full 24Hrs... There should be lots of CounterStrike, Unreal Tournament, and Quake 3 action at the event (with dedicated servers and a really fast network smile.gif which is being held in the snack bar of the Students Union of Queen`s University, Belfast. We're also keen to play RA2, Battlezone 2, Ground Control, Homeworld Cataclysm, Star Trek: L33t Force (kill Neelix! smile.gif, and anything else we can fit in without falling on the floor wink.gif The entrance fee is £10 with free food and coffee being laid on by the QUB Student`s Union. All the proceeds from the event are going to Children in Need. You can find out more by visiting http://qublan.lanwarz.net or by mailing us at qublan@ntlworld.com.

panLoaf

Tell your friends; if you have none, tell your enemies; none of those? Tell your pet rat, 'Sushi'...

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

nggggggggh!
    Why did you give us more then 8 days notice!
    I'd love to go but thats the same weekend as AniLan and I've committed to going to that.

DOH!

DeVore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 panLoaf

Sorry, we had about a month to get everything organised, and we only got official word from Children In Need a couple of days ago. We organise a LAN-meet in the same location every month (we have held 2 before this), so we have the technical stuff sewn up - I'm not kidding when I say we have a fast network and big server (in fact the new server is due to make it's debut: think of a 2.5" square aluminium box with many 120mm fans and water-cooling - check http://www.lanwarz.net for Josidiah, he's responsible wink.gif.

I only found out about ANILAN in your post. Oh well, looks good, I hope you have a good time (the Charity-stuff is something we think we might keep up -because the whole thing is not run for profit- but the gaming is the most important thing wink.gif.

Sorry again for the short-notice,

panLoaf

Tell your friends; if you have none, tell your enemies; none of those? Tell your pet rat, 'Sushi'...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 panLoaf

That should be 2.5' (as in feet), not 2.5"

Forgive me, I've been putting up posters around Belfast for the past 2 days...
    and then doing a Maths exam/test frown.gif

panLoaf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 oSkar

FFS, pan, thats just pete's *personal* case. And you guys had better come so Ratty can impress you with his l33t grenade attracting skillz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭pat kenny

You should really post this message on the Quake board and Half-life board not too many people read this board.

latelate.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭s8n

how did this go ??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

s8n wrote: »
    how did this go ??

14 years ago? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

LOL, I got excited for a second.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement