Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Training routines

• 19-01-2003 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering what kind of weight training routines people on here use.

One of the main reasons I am asking is that the lads I train with don't do any work on their legs and I was looking for some sample leg workouts (Mass-building) to compare to my own.

My full routine is;

Monday - Back

-Pull up on the chinning bar 3 sets to failure
    -Bent over rows dumbells 3 sets 4-8 reps
    -Lat Pull downs 2 sets 4-8 reps
    -Bent over rows 2 sets 4-8 reps
    -Shrugs 2 sets 5-8 reps
    -Back extensions 3 sets to failure

Tuesday - Chest

-Flat Bench Press 3 sets 4-8 reps
    -Incline dumbell press 3 sets 4- reps
    -Decline Bench Press 3 sets 4-8 reps
    -dumbell flies 3 sets 4-8
    -Dips to failure

Thursday - Biceps and Triceps

-Tricep extensions 3 sets 4-8 reps
    -Push Downs (Lat Machine) 3 sets 4-8 reps
    -Incline Tricep Extensions 3 sets 4-8 reps
    -Standing Bicep Curls 2 sets 4-8 reps
    -Barbell Curls2 sets 4-8 reps
    -Curling machine 2 sets 4-8 reps
    -Hammers 2 sets 4-8 reps
    -Chin-Ups to failure

Saturday - Legs

-Leg Press 3 sets 4-8 reps
    -Leg Extensions 3 sets 8-10 reps
    -Leg Curls 3 sets 8-10 reps
    -Squats 3 sets 4-8 reps

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭pookster

Calf raises would be the only thing to add there I reckon, as you don't really have anything that concentrates on lower legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭The_Scary_Man

Yeah I forgot to put them in actually. I was thinking of cutting down the weights on the leg curls and extensions and doing 2 sets each of lunges and stiff-legged dead lifts instead as the leg resistance machine in the gym I go to isn't great.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Dampsquid

I just started weight lifting and i was wondering, what rate of increase in weights should i be aiming for, say i was bench pressing 50kg in the first week, would i aim to increse that in the second week to 55kg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭124124

Its like this.

(Assuming that your SET is 10 reps) You should increased it to the level where you can not do more than 6-8 reps. Thats your new maximum limit.

This is what I am doing at the moment:

2 sets of 60Kgs - 12 rep per set.

2 sets of 65Kgs - 10 rep per set.

1 set of 70Kgs - 8 rep per set

When I am able to do 10 reps of 70, I will increase first 2 sets to 60 and so on..

Hope this helps,

Advertisement