Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

strategy games

Options
  • 03-11-2000 2:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭

I'm actually looking for Red Alert II right now. Another class looking RTS for multiplayer is Sudden Strike. Kind of game where you can take out whole platoons with one man if your good enough. Of course Dark Reign II is also meant to be excellent.

ani_marco.gif Get 'em Marco!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

best strat game ever is a game called master of magic by microprose.

starcraft,warcraft2,red alert and age of empires 2 are also execellent.

master of magic is only one player though frown.gif
    its turn based,microprose should try make it a real time strat so it could supporat a proper multiplay(h8 turn based multi play)

The supreme irony of life is that no one gets out of it alive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭[BSE]Telgere

yea been playin red alert 2
    its good but i still prefer the unit management of aoe 2 so beautiful those squares etc
    The Conquerors is the add on im playin lately
    for the last 3 weeks weve been havin 4-8 player deathmatch games after an hour of csin
    then mp of revolt normally wraps the night up
    theyy will prob be playin 2night tll 6-8 am and same on saturday night down in dnc on essex st
    some good qaulity talent in there at aoe

does any1 still play starcraft or the new add on pack for aoe 2
    soo good after hours of cs etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

Me puts hand up.
    Dontcha mean AOK. I'm getting the add on today. Nobody else on the boards seems to have got in to it so I had to train my non computer literate mates to play. We used to play 8 man games in nethouse once a week. Great fun. Haven't played in a few months now but I'm sure the expansion will rekindle my interest. If you want to play over modems some time give me a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Yeh I was thinking of gettin RA2 is it any good i have Tib Sun and i heard it is better than that but TS wasnt brilliant.

Donal RAfferty

• Advertisement

playin red 2 all weekend
    ummm those explosions
    its good once ye get to know the power og the units
    specially those prism tanks god they take apart bases in seconds

playin al not to bad
    good thing bout it is that the game can swing in a matter of moments if u make 1 wrong move

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

Ra2 is great,but totally different to Aok (i have both smile.gif )

Aok is more about building up ,with only a few players pulling off attacks below the 15 min mark.. (on default resources/explored anways)

but in Ra2 you can pull off a tank rush pretty fast,and if your opponent is bad enough you can cripple em smile.gif

UP DA DUBS!! :)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Theres a few of us gonna get a few games of Starcraft in at Anilan (see other thread).

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

warcraft 2 is the best havent played red alert but got all the others ones i wont get this one because i think they are all a rip off its just ea milking us all again frown.gif

RA2 is nice but aint played multiplayer yet. Had my 1st game of AOK (against human opponent) in about 6 months on the zone last night. I was just checking to see it worked and ended up playing for an hour and raping some guy. Me remembers the fun.
    If anyone is playing in Cafes please let me know, I'd be very keen to play. I also have a few mates who are quite handy at it as long as they're not too stoned smile.gif

• Advertisement

canaboid u go into dnc after 8 neary any day and u have bout 4 peeps playin aoe2 the conquerors its class
    if ure a regular they will normally do a lock in after 11 till 1-6 am its class
    aoe2 ra2 any many more diif games
    they have bout 80 games in there and lots willin to try different ones out
    me will be down there later (or i will be studying in the library

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

multiplayer RA 2 is a laugh and should be attempted at least, as to such Dev would you be intereasted in a game if I attempt to play SC at AniLAN
    Canaboid, you'll usually find someone playing it in nethouse in Rathmines

[This message has been edited by Monty - the one and only (edited 09-11-2000).]

Yeah monty. Don't u remember when me and my chums used to book PCs in advance and show up for a few games of AOK in Rathmines bout 6months ago. You was always sat in the corner at the back smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Bah and Pudding!.

Total Annihilation (With the TAUIP 2.1 unit pack) rules. Nothing like playing 9 computer AI's with 500 units a piece.....
    Or a network team game against the enhanced Blood AI.

IMHO Westwood haven't really added anything much since Command & Conquer. They just upped the res. a little and added an angled view.

Ground Control ain't bad. But the AI is a bit weak. Still, it's nice to zoom in on some infantry and watch the pretty artillery shells coming down on them... smile.gif

And for a nice mix of action and strategy, BattleZone and BattleZone II are stunning.

My $.02 anyway.

Yep, TA was the definitive RTS and hasn't been improved on gameplay wise. Twas also the game that took my online gaming cherry smile.gif
    Reinstalled it a few weeks ago but damned if i could find a game online.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

get Imperium Galactica II... wow wow wow.

Advertisement