Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mixerman

Options
  • 19-01-2003 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭

About 4 months ago, my good friend manofspeed from this very forum and I were discussing the music biz, being in bands etc, when he said to me "have you read mixerman?" to which i replied "no". Urging me to seek out his online diary, he said it'd be the funniest thing i'd read in years, so, seek it I did, and guess what, he was right! now i urge anyone who frequents this forum, who may have aspirations to be in a sucessful band, or be a producer or engineer to also read his diary. but before I post the link, i'll give you some background.

The story is "allegedly" true.

Mixerman is a respected los angeles studio engineer, hired by a major label to engineer the labels latest singning (appearently for $2 mil) and he decides to keep an online journal or the session (changing the names to protect the guilty) not only is it ****ing halarious, but there are times when i cant actually believe what i'm reading, but then i think "no! its the music business!"...also there are some insights into how the music industry is a huge cesspool of ****, but i digress....

anyone who doesnt enjoy this, has no sense of humour in my book......i hope to have some discussions about it on this thread, so have a read and comment here.....

heres the link

http://www.prosoundweb.com/recording/mm/week1/mm.php

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Sandi

The sheer stupidity of the people in that story baffles me! The frustration of dealing with people like that must be so...frustrating! Also, why the hell was the band in the studio without the record company finalising the contract with the producer...total waste of time and money. Very funny story tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

Really is an excellent read, I can't beleive Man of Speed (2?) found it.

Advertisement