Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chorus are so original

• 19-01-2003 7:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

They could not even come up with an original logo!!!!!!!!!!:p :p

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Genghis

I am a particular fan of the Chorus advertising strategy. Not being confident enough to cast their own product in the real world, they imaginatively create fictional worls in which their own product is a world-best:

e.g. ... Imagine a really really poor TV service with lots of boring programming. Now compare that to Chorus. See, we're not all that bad.

e.g.2. ... Imagine a god forsaken hellhole for holidays. Now imagine it with Chorus. Everything's rosy!

It is a shame in many ways that Chorus have neither the confidence, the ability or the pride to compare themselves to their actual competitors, and offer their customers a real alternative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

you wasted half a minute of my day.

.... no, I think you did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

You're wasting my time too! If you work for Chorus and are honestly proud of the company...man, they must be brainwashing you people.

Chorus is
    A> Incredibly expensive
    B> Has **** program choice
    C> Crap reception.

Compare this to sky, for 27 euro a month I get far more channels, with crystal clear reception, and a box office service.

Face it, Chorus and NTL are sh1t and won't be along for too much longer if they carry on this way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

eth0_

What package are you on for €27 a month. What channels do you get for that? I’m thinking of getting Sky Digital instead of NTL digital (I’m sick of it breaking down).

Cheers

• Advertisement

Originally posted by eth0_
    You're wasting my time too! If you work for Chorus and are honestly proud of the company...man, they must be brainwashing you people.

Chorus is
    A> Incredibly expensive
    B> Has **** program choice
    C> Crap reception.

Compare this to sky, for 27 euro a month I get far more channels, with crystal clear reception, and a box office service.

Face it, Chorus and NTL are sh1t and won't be along for too much longer if they carry on this way

I'm confused! Who is the big proud brainwashed fan of chorus you refer to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Buckfast
    eth0_

What package are you on for €27 a month. What channels do you get for that? I’m thinking of getting Sky Digital instead of NTL digital (I’m sick of it breaking down).

I'm not eth)_ but...

27 nicker a month gets you the Family Pack. it's basically all the channels bar the premium ones (sports, movies, disney)

Packages and channels are listed here (though some of the info is out of date (tims for an update Damo?) and the prices of the higher packages are incorrect, as they've been raised by about 7 euros (depending on the package) for the last four months. Price of the Family Pack is still the same. You can add RTE/TV3 and TG4 to that list as well. Notably you'll be missing UTV and C4, though there are plenty of rumours flying about these channels arriving on Sky. These rumours have been around for quite some time though so don't rely on them or on seeing either any time soon - if they arrive, treat it as a bonus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭irishguy

i was wondering are the channels lited here http://www.iolfree.ie/~icdg/tuning_sky.htm also avalible on the famliy package [excluding the channels you have to pay extra for e.g. sey movies ect]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Thanks sceptre, I’ve had NTL digital for just over a year, I should have cancelled it ages ago, it’s absolute rubbish. The picture is always freezing or blacking out which is really annoying, and some of the channels regularly go missing e.g. Granada Plus and Paramount, the two that I would watch the most.

I’m moving house now and will not be subscribing to NTL digital again. I’m considering Sky, but obviously the lack of UTV and C4 is a major factor and I can’t afford to subscribe to NTL analogue and Sky digital. Perhaps I’ll just stick with NTL for a while and see if any of the rumours about UTV are true.

Or I could go and look for an FTV card, but I don’t know anyone across the water. Wonder if there’s a supplier in Ireland??? Anyone???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by irishguy
    i was wondering are the channels lited here http://www.iolfree.ie/~icdg/tuning_sky.htm also avalible on the famliy package [excluding the channels you have to pay extra for e.g. sey movies ect]

All available with the Family Pack

(except: all channels in the 300 range (movie channels) except for 327 (which is free with or without a card), sky sports channels and the channels marked in yellow (only available with a US sub but remember that BBC1 and BBC 2 are available here on ch214 and 215)

I've added all the BBC radio chanels to my box - you have to add them manually once but after that they're available under "Other channels". UTV can no longer be added manually.

Hopefully that answers the question - if it doesn't, feel free to ask what I've left out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭irishguy

ya it does thanx,so with the faimly package you would get a few hundred channels seems like a good deal pity you can only watch one channel at a time

Advertisement