Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Kids

Options
  • 19-01-2003 10:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭

Does anyone here find that when you walk past the Slip****
    kids in their wu tangs, slaipknot hoodies and slipknot shirts, while you are wearing say a nirvana/guns n roses/iron maiden shirt you get looks like you are a freak?
    pesky kids......

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭Darkillion

yea, except for me its with Nirvana/Pearl Jam/RHCP cuz thats the only t-shirts i have

pesky

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Most of them wear Nirvana hoodies aswell i find, well in my area they do anyway.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Most of them don't really wear Slipknot hoodies around here. Its usually just Wu-Tang and Independant skateboarding stuff. With Slipknot t-shirts underneath them though!

I usually go up to them with my Pantera/Morbid Angel/Venom/At The Gates t-shirts and scare the **** outta them. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 CRONIC ARSE

kids just dont get it. they wear them just to b the tuf little ****s around but trualy they just get there mums to get them because they cry and wing that there best friend has one and they dont. id say the majority of them are not even aloud to listen to slipknot anyway.

LISTEN LITTLE KIDS IF U LOOK A ME FUNNY IL ****IN EAT YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭domeara01

it really sucks.
    in my town though the only reprise is that the skater "goths" get the **** kicked out of them every weekend. which is funny. slipknot getting torn apart is funny.
    you have to wear cradle of filth and the nightwish gear that i got in finland to like look metal here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭xx

that look that the kids give you is the look of "my band is better than yours". Its a universal look that shows that they know little or nothing about heavy metal in all its ugly forms. They believe that metal begins and ends with Slipknot and Papa Roach. Sad but true. Still, give them some time and a no-kerrang tv diet and they'll come around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭kingconor

Yeah happens all the time!!! Bloody slipknot children!!!! I'm also not very fond of skaters either!!

As bad and annoying as these goth kiddies are, at least they dont go beating the cr*p outta people (in my area anyway), its just the clubebrs that do, one of my mates got the livin shit kicked out of him by 6 guys just a week and a half ago by these clubber folk when he was goin home with a few friends after skating (hes not a gothling type skater, he enters compo's and the like). Tis a shame tho, people beating up strangers, very sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Drunk pirate

The funny thing is my friend got some christmas clothes and it's a Slipdick hoodie and skate "rebel!" trousers!

The thing that pisses me off is the girls that are going around with Nirvana hoodies and the new trousers with the pieces of fabric hanging out the sides. So unorigional now.

I agree that the only music the call "Metal" is Papa roach linkin twat and slipknot. A friend of mine in school wouldn't stop singing (or whispering a roar) that ****in' slipknot song. Don't give a **** judge me thing. Back on the subject - I don't wear hoodies.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭ThenComesDudley

hmm tis funny they wear there wu-wear and slipknot clothes and go around actin like little hard ****s. But as soon as they want a new hoody there all good and nice and get there mothers in to buy them.heh
    also i used to make fun of those sk8ter kids but after the amount i saw being robbed by knife point by junky scum last week while o nmy lunch i think ill leave em alone for a while

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

The skater kids in my area seem like the OK ones to me!

There's the skaters (a large majority of them are under 13 and wearing Master Of Puppets hoodies, which surprised me), the wannabe goth kids (Slipknot), and the Skangers (known as townies over here) who listen do DJ boom boom, wickie wickie type shit!

Also, some of them are some pretty damn good skaters! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I cannot stand those little wannabe goths/skaters/metallers who hang around the central bank. They think they're so leftfield, yet they all wear the same slipknot/nirvana/korn hoodies.

And as for slipknot jeans....who the fu<k is selling those things!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Would someone PLEASE tell me the connection between Slipknot/Skater Kids and a genre a music that evolved from the late 70's post-punk bands like Siouxsie And The Banshees and Joy Division... Because I simply dont see it!

I dont ever remember the likes of Peter Murphy, Carl McCoy or Andrew Eldritch flying about on skateboards like a bunch of plonker kids, whining about their parents...

Maybe you good people would like to explain the connection?

How did the likes of Bauhaus and Fields Of The Nephilim ever influence Limp Bizkit?

Or maybe you're all talking out of your arses?
    And you've no concept of what 'Goth' is at all?

In which case, listen to these:

Bauhaus - Silent Hedges
    Fields Of The Nephilim - Psychonaut
    The Mission - Wasteland
    Sisters Of Mercy - Lucretia my Reflection
    Joy Division - Shadow Play
    Switchblade Symphony - Dollhouse

Any questions?

I have a question. Why the hell do all the goths in my college pretend to be insane for the sake of attention?

Originally posted by Oeneus
    I have a question. Why the hell do all the goths in my college pretend to be insane for the sake of attention?

Seeing as you say THIS:
    the wannabe goth kids (Slipknot),

I'm pretty sure YOU'VE no idea either.

So, I cant answer that.

Originally posted by AngelWhore

I'm pretty sure YOU'VE no idea either.

/sighs

There all such Head****s! :)

/sighs

There all such Headfu[/b[]cks! :)

Thank you very much, and leave the swearwords banned, ok?

I don't know, maybe it's just my area, but seriously! Over here they are just so ****ed UP! Honestly.

I mean one called me over one day and said "Come closer"

I move closer

"closer" she says

I step forward

"closer!"

Then she slaps me in the face! I mean, I don't even know her and have never spoken to her and she slaps me in the face? What's going on?!

hehe, sounds a bit like that crappy dance song, ne1 heard it?

'I need 2 sheet'

Sounds like she was comming onto you, Oeneus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Nah angelwhore, she was being grim, with a smiggen of necro. How very Quaint.

The only thing I really hate is people into whatever type of music they're into for the look, rather than the music. Or people who decide the worlds biggest fans of (blah) in one day and learn everything like words and lyrics and become know-it-alls, and spend all day discussing these bands that they had no knowledge of two days prior.

Originally posted by Giblet
    Or people who decide the worlds biggest fans of (blah) in one day and learn everything like words and lyrics and become know-it-alls, and spend all day discussing these bands that they had no knowledge of two days prior.
    Or the guys who claim to be X's greatest fan type fellow ever, then cant name 3 of their songs, done this to a 2nd year on the bus from school who claimed to be a massive slipknot song (wore the iowa hoodie and was an ignorant annoying wee fecker) and when we asked him to name 3 songs, he got one song then told us to f*ck off...... the whole bus burstout laughing and the wee cretin was near in tears! he didnt get the bus for the rest of that week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

This thread is quite possibly the saddest thread to ever exist on these boards! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

i didnt mean real goths (i like them) i mean the little children who think they are. dont soil ureself angelwhore... (JOKING!)

and yes, i like skateboarders. unlike kingconor...
    i mean, i saw this dick in our school out skating with 1 of his friends. fair enough, i go over and talk to them. they are wearing matching blink-182 shirts and one of them constantly gets at us just cos we listen to iron maiden and queen over scooter and euphoria albums. little feckers.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

What i dont get is why these Nirvana kids walk around with the hoodies saying "I h8 myself and I want to Die" on them, i mean ffs, kurt designed T-Shirts not hoodies. and they didnt really go by the designs that these kids are being tricked into buying, they must really be stupid.

I blame Limp Bizkit

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

angelwhore, please, stop being so fu<king elitest!
    I have punk/metal/goth friends, and I haven't any problem, it's the punk/metal/goth hybrid wannabe children who piss me off.
    So don't try and tell me I don't know what a goth is.

whats worse is people who say a certain type of music is crap even when they havent heard any of it

Thanks for that informative post, etho.

But I think I'm going to be as elitist as I want, as I'm not hurting anyone, am I?
    Are there endangered species at risk? Does god kill a kitten every time I post something?

Either way, you're not doing anything to convince me that you DO know anything about what you're talking about. Punk/metal/goth wannabe kids piss you off? That would be great if I knew of any kids who DID actualy wannabe punk, metal or goth. But no, I find that most of them in fact, don't. Unless by some turn of fortune it's found that Linkin Park is infact a hybrid of punk/metal/goth??? And maybe I'm just too blind to see it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Linkin who?

hey, u think they ripped the name off Linkin the cs player?

Anyways, Reguardless ppl do seem to pick on the "little critters"
    guy who werks with me just stopped 2 from getting their asses kicked by some skanger out looking for a fight.

Damn this, why are ppl getting me to listen to nightwish, once i start i wont be able to stop.....

Advertisement