Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

installing cd-rw help!!!!!

• 19-01-2003 10:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

my old computer has had it and i bought my friends pc..my old pc had a cd-rw which i bought for it last yr..however i never installed it..a mate did!!!i wanna use the cd-rw form my old pc to my new one and im wondering how u do it and do u need software to install it after u connect it?

any ideas...hope i explained it right

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Most modern OSes will recognise it, I'd imagine.

You might need something like Nero to assist in burning CDs though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Installing CD writer is easy enough just leave the settings as you found them on the writer unit (ie slave/master setting), connect the power cable, conncet the IDE cable, connect the little sound cable to your sound card, oh and tighten the screws! Then fire up the PC, it should recognise the new hardware straight-off. If not then just find the driver disk and go the "add new hardware" route.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Then watch as your PC explodes into flames and dies ;)

Only joking, it's really easy to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Originally posted by leeroybrown
    Then watch as your PC explodes into flames and dies ;)

Oh thats why that happened...I wuz wondering what caused it... :(

Mike.

Advertisement