Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've a confession to make

Options
  • 09-11-2000 11:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭

In my opinion Champ Manager is not really that good. I'm sorry to say. I've noticed that CM in any/all varients releases is by far and away the most popular PC game among my peers unfortunately but tis complete tosh.
    I played CM2 and was addicted to it for about a week but i had won everything for about 5 seasons.
    Just had to get that off my chest.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Champ Manager is bought by people who don't play real video games, mainly - a bit like that Who Wants To Be A Millionaire dross.

It's amazing how arrogant and generally annoying the CM guys are; they deny that they're part of the videogame industry, and they refuse to involve themselves in it, because video games are for "geeks and nerds" whereas what they're creating, despite being, em, a glorified spreadsheet, is apparently for REAL men!

Sigh. Whats amusing is that the Collier brothers aren't the worst of it; the Premier Manager team in EA are MUCH worse. And their product is sh1te even by the standards of football management games smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Shouldn't you be posting this on the CM board?! MU HA HA HA

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I don't think I can imagine many things more boring than football management games... a couple of years ago when CM2 was all the rage on everyone's 486, all of my friends were well into their colourful little spreadsheet of a game...

I want to shoot whoever is responsible for it smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I think its alright i got CM3 and played for bout a wonth but it started to suck so i uninstalled and now all my classmates are on about its 2000/2001 incarnation its like a wet dream to some of them poor idiots cant see that they ll never cut it in real life give me MSR or Ferrai 355 on the DC b4 this crap
    All hail the rebellion!

Draffodx
    Out of desparition courage is born

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

sensible soccer
    need i say more

The supreme irony of life is that no one gets out of it alive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Zapper

Any1 remember the Sensible Soccer/Cannon Fodder cross game? It was given away free with an amiga mag 1 month..called Cannon-Soccer i think..bloody class

vince1.gif
    Chemical Chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭tobi

Cm has become too complex imo, the tactics screen is just a nightmare, it's almost impossible to turn around a losing team. At least in sensible soccer you got ticks to let you know if your tactics were improving.
    I'm a big fan of CM2 but the game engine in CM3 is a bit suspect.

Advertisement