Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D games?

Options
  • 20-01-2003 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering if anyone has any games of D&D running at the moment and if so what world is it based in?

Just started one based in the world of Raymond Feists novels. Good laugh so far, still working out race bonuses and stuff though. Had one totally unbalanced character, an insane elf with huge bonuses. The DM added an extra five enemies and a leader in one of our first fights but he still managed to cleave trough 5 of them :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

I run an almost weekly game. Set in Greyhawk (the original and still the best thank you very much!) as opposed the (best left) forgotten realms. At the moment the campaign is in Freeport (a generic city setting from green ronin press).

It's a fun setting but it's tough doing a city adventure, let alone a complete campaign. So many NPCs and locations to take into consideration at any one time, much different to DM from a dungeon adventure and quite difficult to make it seem "alive" rather than the usual dungeon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Were just entering a city ourselves, its an area that plays a major part in the plot so well be spending about 2 months(real time) there (Then onto the elves, ummm masterwork mighty composite longbow). DM's got some interesting stuff planned. The partys going to be split in 3 groups all with their own leads to follow up. Plus i think hes got a few character type specific quests lined up, a ranger and a rogue one he wouldnt be more specific. Never played a Greyhawk world, might suggest it after this games finished most of the other players have a forgotten realms game going on too so they might find the change refreshing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭hedgetrimmer

I run an AD&D 2nd ed game every wednesday, 3 years on now. Been gaming for (eep!) 20 yrs, - started at 7!

The world is my own, generated from scratch, as all my adventures and the two campaigns I have done to date tend to be

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Your own world, Nice. Thats an achievement. Id like to hear about that. I was actually thinking of doing something like that, it would be semi based on the wheel of time series (theres a board/D&D game based on it i think) except futuristic, i know it sounds like itd be cack but i was talking about it to another player and we had some fairly class ideas.

3 years is one hell of a long game, what level are ye?

Advertisement