Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Logitech optical

• 20-01-2003 5:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭

Heyas, got a logitech optical mouse. Problem is when try to go any direction fast (like going from one side of the page, to the other) it just judders around untill ive stopped trying to move the cursor at a semi fast speed. Big problem for me in games like CS where i use a low sens and if i end up having to spin around fast i just won't. :)

Its usb but ive tried installing it with a usb>ps2 connection and its the same either way. I remember this happening to me with the MS optical mice in nethouse aswell, so ive no idea whats causing it.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭longword

What surface are you using it on? Some surfaces are better than others. Personally I find glossy plastic mouse mats to be the worst, cloth mats to be the best. I've got a pair of Logitech Dual Optical mice and they're great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭vac

ALLSOP cloth mat.

Altho it happens under every surface im afraid :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Well, I've games with single and dual optical mice and they've been perfect.

I presume I would be right in guessing that your previous mouse was non-optical. Spinning the ball inside in a non-optical mouse causes a very quick turn and cancels out the effect of bumps.

If theres nothing wrong with your mouse (try gaming with another optical) then it might be the case that the way you move your mouse when forced to move quickly is preventing propper tracking.

Mats which perform particularly well with non-optical mice often have directly the opposite results with the high quality surface reducng its ability to track ovement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

You must be using an old mouse. What model is it? I use a logitech mx300 on a glass mousemat here, and its perfect. Ok, it skips if there is dirt on the mat but thats about it. It tracks perfectly, and never skips on fast movements when playing quakeworld.

Its the Logictech optical wheel mouse (no fancy name).

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm?page=products/details&CRID=3&CONTENTID=4992&countryid=33&languageid=1

It is a year old tho. Ill look into buying one of those Mx300's you got gerry, looks the same as mine just a better version.

Thanks for the comments.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Originally posted by Gerry
    I use a logitech mx300 on a glass mousemat here, and its perfect. Ok, it skips if there is dirt on the mat but thats about it. It tracks perfectly, and never skips on fast movements when playing quakeworld.

I have the mx300 too and have to say I'm well pleased. Lovurely mouse. I use a cloth based mouse mat and never had any problems with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

I have that Mouse Vac, using it on a bog standard cloth mat (grey) that I bought in Peats for €3 and it's working brilliant.

Bugger, id really like to know what the problem is tbh. Maybe mice just aren't mean't to pick up on such low sens?

I mean i have to move the mouse 4 odd inches to get from one side of the page to the other, and it won't do a full 180 on 8 inches of mat in CS. So maybe my sens is just the problem.

Thanks again for the helpfull comments :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

I've never had my mouse screw up when I move it too fast...at any sensitivity. Mate of mine has the very same mouse as you and he's tested it and it works perfect when doing 180's with low sens.

I have seen it happen with other, cheaper optical mice tho..the mac g4 mice..a tiny, cheap laptop optical mouse that was bought in argos (:rolleyes:) and a wireless Logitech optical mouse.

I'd say its just your model Vaccy :(

Might help to use mouse acceleration in combination with low sens. That way..you could just move it fast, short spaces to do the 180's. Less chance of a cluck-up that way :)

Aye think you're right Kairo. I have tried installed the latest drivers ricardo, no difference im afraid.

Thanks again for all the comments, ill just have to deal with this one, till i can buy a nice MX one :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement