Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the longest you have Waited?

• 20-01-2003 11:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭

So,

I ordered a few computer components from the States on Thurs the 9th today is the 20th airmail from the states supposedly takes 10 days ( they do not state whether that is working or not).

Usually I would have recieved an ordered package at this stage (was sent through airmail), whats the longest delay anyone has experienced?

And have you ever had packages lost on you and if so, how did you claim your insurance? or did you simply request a refund from the website?

Couldnt think of anywhere else to post this (some what computer related :) ) feel free to move to the appropriate place if necessary.

Samba

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

not that it may serve as any comfort to you but anything I've ever ordered from the states I've got within 4-10 working days of it being sent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Cheers Rymus, as you said it didnt comfort me at all :)

another thing I am curious about is, is it always delivered in the morning or can it be any time of the day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

Maybe you should check down at the local post office, just incase you weren't there or didn't hear the boy at the door, normally any suppliers that deliver to me get a courier to drop it out and they call me an hour or so before they drop by

Farlz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

I once ordered parts from those cowboys at OCZ (aka GeiL), took the package two months to arrive. Needless to say, they charged my credit card first, then sat around with my money for a while, then sent the package via the slowest, cheapest mail service possible. I hate them.

Matt

Woooohooooo!

Package arrived BUT it went through that new shipping company who recently took over from an post for certain packages coming from the states, now firstly it went through Germany Secondly it was insured for $400 and that was blatently stated on the package, over that was labelled (obviously by the company) low value goods!

Grrrr, luckily all is in good shape and no damage incurred and usps kept their promise and I paid no Vat.

Result = put a good start to my day :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,048 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Where did you buy your stuff from in the States ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

I had an item bought on Ebay lost on me once. Seller e-mailed me a scan of the post receipt too. It was posted on the 9th of Sept. two days before the towers fell so it's possible that it was either in one of those planes or else the groundworkers went looting on the assumption that that is what people would think.
    After countless e-mails between the seller and myself I finally gave up and called my credit card company. I barely made it inside the 60 or 90 days the CC company allows for complaints and chargebacks. I sent them all the info including the scan of the receipt and a few days later my money was creditted back to my card.
    If SDS are delivering your parcel it will not necessarily arrive first thing with your normal post but it is rare for them to still be making deliveries after lunch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Originally posted by Samba

Package arrived BUT it went through that new shipping company who recently took over from an post for certain packages coming from the states, now firstly it went through Germany Secondly it was insured for $400 and that was blatently stated on the package, over that was labelled (obviously by the company) low value goods!

Yep, anything over 2kgs from the US does not go through An Post, it now goes through GLS, owned by the UK Royal Mail. You are one of the lucky ones, a lot of folk who got parcels sent to them before Christmas are still waiting for them, it was all on Liveline with Joe Duffy there a couple of weeks ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

I waited 49 days to get a router from Canada ... sent airmail, was delivered by SDS two days after arriving in Ireland (so they say) ... where it was before that is anyones guess ... btw the peeps that sent it were www.big008.com, I know I cursed them for weeks thinking that they hadnt sent it to me but they had actually shipped on the day that I ordered (on the postmark, and no it wasnt franked)

Luckily I have yet to experience any mail problems, touch wood :)

Yep the package came from the states.

• Advertisement
Advertisement