Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Optical Mouse Driver Problems

• 20-01-2003 12:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭

I wonder if anyone could help me out with this problem. I purchased a new ViewSonic Optical Mouse at the weekend for my Win4 PC in work. This morning I connected it up to PS2 (it's usb but it has PS2 adapter) and then I ran set up from the floppy that came with it. Mouse working but the wheel wasn't. I went into mouse settings and saw that the default mouse was still showing so I manually installed from there using the "Have disk" option. This all went fine and then asked me to reboot. When it restarted I got a blue screen error message about the driver "system root\system32\drivers\chicp32.sys"
    It said something about "ioacquireremovelockex" and also about \CRASHDEBUG
    Sorry I don't have the exact error; I don't really want to recreate it.
    So anyway, I thought that I should uninstall, but I couldn't find anything. So I did a search for chicp32 in the driver file under WinNT and nothing - so I copied it in there and rebooted - got the same error message.
    So I download some Microsoft drivers for Optical Wheel mouse and that has kinda worked. The mouse is installed and the wheel works but the dragging is very irregular. It jumps around the screen and is very annoying. I've tried resetting the orientation but nothings changed. I know it has to do with the drivers but it just wont let me install the correct one.
    Is there some command that can lock the system?? Something to do with "IOACQUIREREMOVELOCKEX" thing???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Velvet Vocals

Is there no one that can help with this problem?? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

See if there's updated drivers for your mouse online? Perhaps here?

Luc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Velvet Vocals

Done, and so far so good.It's still a bit bogo but a hell of a lot better then it was. I'm so P*ssed that I didn't think of it first! But Thanks a mill Lucutus.

:D

Advertisement