Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Epic 40,000

• 20-01-2003 1:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭

just wondering how do you paint this models cause there are so small. Bet you dont go into much detail.

Do you use the GW brushes for this or not??? I find them fair hard to paint.

ah well let me now anyway.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

I've used the gw brushes to paint my models.

Usually what to do is use black or white undercoat spray paint first of all

Then spray whatever colour you want the models (whilst on the sprue), then pick out the individual bits you want, such as banners, weapons, shoulder pads /w insignia, etc, etc.

That's what I do.

The likes of vehicles and titans are easier to do and you can drybrush metallic areas much easier on them.

That said, I've seen drybrushed/highlighted infantry, so it CAN be done to that level if you have the time and patience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DrummerBoy

At one stage I was painting pack markings on my Blood Claws!!!! Got through about 8 stands and just gave up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

For my Epic imperial fists i just gave em a coat of yellow and red bolters, any more attention to detail is madness!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Just undercoat em then smack on some shoulder pads and a boulter, more than enough for the size of the wee buggers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DrummerBoy

Just a quick snap of one stand of my Epic40K hormagaunts if anyone cares! (couldn't find my BloodClaws!)
    EpicHormagauntssmall.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

With a can of spray paint and a little dry brushing :)

Is epic discontinued by GW at the mo! I havent seen any of the stuff in a long time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

I think GW have turned what little attention they had to epic onto warmaster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Originally posted by Steve_o
    I think GW have turned what little attention they had to epic onto warmaster

Epic has gone very much into the fanatic-games section of GW. In fact, there's an absolutely brilliant hybrid 2nd/3rd ed. ruleset of Epic available of some random website - once I find the link! It's basically the depth of 2nd ed epic with some of the better 3rd ed. rules incorporated into it.

I have all the .pdf documents, and if I can't find the website, I'll post a link to them all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Runfree

allright. I tried to paint one of them the other well I nearly had a nervous breakdown.

Ah well screw epic detail painting. as long as they got a bit of colour its fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Originally posted by Runfree
    allright. I tried to paint one of them the other well I nearly had a nervous breakdown.

Ah well screw epic detail painting. as long as they got a bit of colour its fine.
    I painted a dragon on them space marine banenr bearers...... took 3hours and was barely noticable from a distance... rocks up close tho :)
    Detail + epic 40k = too much spare time, or a big no no.

• Advertisement
Advertisement