Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leap question

Options
  • 20-01-2003 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering if these people are reliable in general?

Ive twice asked them to send me out an order form and twice ive been asured that it will be sent out that evening. Im still waiting on it. Almost a week since last request.

If they are this sloppy with getting new customers, im wondering what they like if you have a problem etc.

Any people have a similar experience or want to stick up for em?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭K!LL!@N

Maybe they might try and get back to you like this:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=77837

Killian

• Registered Users Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭BKtje

hmm thanks. hadn't seen that thread. makes me wonder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

i got it the day after i ordered it, service from them so far has been excellent. cant complain (well... except for the min. 12month contract :mad:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭BKtje

i got the order form there the other day.
    Only thing holding me back is wether i really want it for 120 a month and a 12 month contract.

Im wondering if prices will drop when flat rate gets here and if im on a 12 month contract if ill be paying xxx amount extra till its done.
    Ah i think ill send the order form back and say **** it to the costs ;)

EDIT: **** that, gonna wait to see if leap lower their costs with the new eircom product before signing a 12 month contract.
    Maybe esat will make a counter offer, omfg, competition!?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,528 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

S'funny, a guy in work's housemate was signing up for Leap there very recently. Leap must have gotten wind of the Eircom price reductions, as they were very persistent with this potential customer.

1) He said he didn't want to commit to 12 months, so Leap agreed to sign him up for 9 months..
    2) He said he wanted two static IP addresses instead of one. Leap > No problem
    3) 5 E-mail addresses, etc. etc..

Poor guy signed up with them hjust before the Eircom announcement.. D'Oh..

So, if you're still interested in Leap, make sure you barter!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

not like for like though.

Leap do 512k symettric, if ya upload much its the bizniss.

their contention is lower so the bandwidth wouldn't disappear at busy times.

If you're looking for an apt comparison, you should compare them to the 1Mb DSL products and not the 512 or 256k ones with savage contention ratios.

M

Advertisement