Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK Ps2 supply cut

Options
  • 09-11-2000 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭

David Wilson, UK PR for SCEE: "We don't like to use the word 'guarantee', but our forecasts in terms of production and the like are that we're on track to get everyone that is holding a PlayStation 2 pre-order form at the moment a machine by Christmas."

Check out CVG.com for details

Shows the (over)confidence of sony in there machine and attitude toward the European market.

glassesprv.gif
    Sweeet

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Yep, UK now only gets a pathetic 165,0000 machines, compared to the (equally pathetic) 200,000 promised. That's 35,000 pretty p1ssed off people...

Also, Sony are refusing to hand out PS2s to magazines and other publications in order that they can review stuff with them - just bog standard PS2s, never mind Debug Stations! Chris Deering personally told one magazine editor I was talking to last week that he'd try and get him one "shortly after christmas".

SONY LIVE IN THE BIN.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

heh heh, I can go one better. In the local shop they have a whole wall full of PS2 games, yet when you go to the box on the back is "pre-order this today!". None of the games exist yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Just so everyone can fully feel how well the japanese are treated ( be it by accident or on purpose ) , the 10000 series of the ps2, basically the first 500,000 from japan can play all region games, well in that they can also play american ps2 games, i'm well chuffed, of course this will only add to the general feeling of annoyance. Unfortunetly sony don't care , they made 250 million on launch in the US , whereas the DC didnt even make 100 million , and they're still sending 100,000 per week from now till christmas , they had the units all the time, i'd put it down to the same strategy to hype stuff as nintendo used.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

just buy a dreamcast its one hell of a machine if you give it a chance

Draffodx
    Out of desparition courage is born

Advertisement