Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deus Ex - Question to whoever played it.

Options
  • 14-11-2000 8:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

Does the game have two paths? If you have played the game then you will know there is a decision to make at the 747 which I think changes the whole game (well that's the start of them).

My question is, am I correct? I took the good path, is thier an evil one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i dont think it really matters.

all the desicions dont decide the entire outcome of the game, but the change the way in which you go about it.
    the biggest thing is at the end where theres 4 different endings you can nopt for. ive played 3 of them, but i forgot what the fourth was so i didnt bother going bcack to find out
    as for the 747, if you dont kill the lad, then i think you just get a stern telling off and the other guys think youre a wimp.
    kill him and they are all praise for uyou.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Apparently they originally wanted what happened in the 747 to be a split in the story path, but they had to drop it and just go for a unified story path...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Chubby

spoiler alert....
    Like what wwm said, what you decide only changes how you go about finishing the game. Like on the 747, after Anna kills the leader you can kill her and get away with it but you get to fight her later. I don't recall people called me a wimp though for not taking out the leader. You can do stuff like save Paul, foil the little sub-plot that'll end up blowing up the chopter etc but it all leads to the same ending. It would have been more interesting if they let your actions and decisions throughout the game to determine which ending you can get but that's just me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

I wanted to save my pilot damnit but I didn't know I could till I was way past it and had no save game back there frown.gif I miss him.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

So what happens if I kill Paul and don't upload the resistance plans? Do I still go to Hong Kong or get captured?

The womens toilets was funny, especially later on when Shannon was chatting up the guard. I zapped her later on because she reported me. smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

"That sort of thing dosn't just embarrass you, JC" smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Jelvon

nah , ya have to upload the resistance plans , I played it through twice , the freedom you think you have isn't really there , you have to follow the main storyline

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Yep, I completed it the first time after going with the NSF...
    Then I started over trying to be the good loyal UNATCO agent, doing exactly what I was told... but as jelv said - you're forced to betray UNATCO by uploading the NSF distress signal (or whatever it was).
    I tried a good few things at that stage to progress without going with NSF, but it was impossible.
    I even went into the subway before Paul gave out the key-code to it (I'd known the code already) but things just got all weird then, and I had to go back.
    Thankfully, this is my only gripe about DeusEx - not really being able to choose your destiny. It was a nice illusion though.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

This may give some secrets away!!!
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    I've only started playing it recently and last night I got the sword stuff from the MJ12 Lab in Hong Kong. I'd zapped the closest guards so no one came a runnin after me and it wasn't until I got to the main lobby and faced down a commando and a gep gun guard that I blew up into little tiny pieces - I really wished I'd saved wink.gif

The labs - some really interesting stuff in there!!! Did everyone else find the Grays? Nasty little bastids, but my Dragon's Tooth sword made short work of them (and the HazMaz Suit came in handy)!

Anyway, like the lads said - you do have to send the NSF Distress Signal. Pity you couldn't start working for Walton Simons and go kick terrorist anus!

-
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -

All the best,
    kharn_sig.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

lol
    I just shot Anna as soon as she came in to the 747. Then i started talking to the leader.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

I did as D-Generate did - Navarre was a stuck up cow in need of a good kicking, so I decided to dish it out smile.gif

That sword kicks ar$e alright - v handy for saving ammo whilst smashing open one of the three zillion crates to be found. The GEP Gun rocks for heavy cyborg guards and opening tough doors smile.gif

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

HAHA!

Solved it ast night - found a nice little snip0rs nest and took those mo-fo's out! Didn't raise any alarms or anything!

Anyway, went, fixed the Triad War, went back, blew up the UC, escaped and saved cause I had to see if there was any point in watching the MTV Europe Music Awards. There wasn't. Although, Ali-G was well good.

Anyway - I know what I'll be doing this weekend...

My god this game rox the planet!!!

All the best,
    kharn_sig.gif

I see what you mean by non-linear. I'm currently in Hong Kong, not entirely sure what's going on, speak to whats her name about the sword then kill everyone and get the sword, then find out that a whole section of plot there was no way in hell I should know?

btw, what are the hookers for in the Lucky Money? I assumed having a girl was important for some reason but all she did was run around going "ooh your handsome".

Someone tell me at what point doe the game end?!! smile.gif

argh, I did the Templer knights and thought that was the end, I killed the hidden deep freeze guy thinking that was the end, I completed the the AI program war still no end. Rescused Tiffney (that was hard) still no end. I'm supposed to go to Paris but now I'm in California???? How much is left?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

You're around 60% of the way there - keep on trucking smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

once you hit california youre almost here.
    theres the underwaterbase, the old petrol stationa and then the lab and then something else.
    i know when i was playing it was 'wow, this is great' and then it was ' wow this is still great, but jesus, get on with it' and then it was, 'when does this game bloody end!

What a smashing game, absolutelu fantastic first time through. Btw, any word of an addon pack? Or anything? I want MORE!

I am inflatible !

What a smashing game, absolutelu fantastic first time through. Btw, any word of an addon pack? Or anything? I want MORE!

I am inflatible !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Zaphod Beeblebrox

The storyline follows one main path, but the reason the game has so much choice is because of the actual gameplay, not the plot. In the first mission, there were several different ways you could complete it and different ways to get round the level. You could complete the whole mission without killing a single person (yes really) or completely wipe them out. Even though I normally only play FPS where I get to kill loads of ppl, in Deus Ex I actually wanted to stun people and tranq them because the killing wasnt fun. Sniping people is great if their heads get blown apart, and blasting someone with a shotgun is fun if they get knocked into the air. The laws of physics didnt apply for some reason, and people just fell over like dominos after you shot them. But DE still gets 95% for.. well the flamethrower. Nothing more satisfying than watching terrorists burn to death slowly and painfully - and then say sorry to their mums when you find out they were the good guys...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

There is an add-on and a sequel on the way Mills.

They're promising true non-linear plots for DE2

• Advertisement
Advertisement