Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden of Eden...

Options
  • 20-01-2003 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

God came to visit Adam in the Garden of Eden and asked how he was holding up.

"Oh it's wonderful here," exclaimed Adam. "Everything is so beautiful and bountiful, there doesn't seem to be anything I could ask for."

"Are you sure you have all you want?" asked God. "There's nothing else you feel you need or desire?"

"Well", replies Adam, "there is one thing. All the creatures here have friends that are the same as themselves. They all have partners. I know they are all my friends, but I feel I might be missing something - a special friend of my own. I think sometimes, I feel lonely."

"I have been thinking about that," God replied, "and I might have the answer. It'll be your perfect mate to share all your days with, to be a constant comfort, a joy to behold and to ease your daily worries and concerns. A companion to treasure more than any other earthly being all the days of your life. There's only one catch, it'll cost you your right leg from the knee down, your left arm, your left kidney, half your stomach, half your brain and a lung."

Adam thinks about this and asks "What'll you give me for a rib?"

Comments

Advertisement