Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batch files for NT

Options
  • 20-01-2003 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭

Just a small question. I want to have a bootable cd that firstly give me the 3 options (for 3 different type of machine) that leads onto the rest of the boot. I've done this before but I can't for the life of me remember the beginning syntex.

Any help would be appreciated. :confused:

/edit/
    The cd is for booting a machine onto a network. The 3 option are for 3 different types of machine that have different hardware configs, i.e. network cards. I just need the syntex for taking in a user input and then jumpin to a label, ie. :type1.
    Sorry for not being more specific earlier.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,975 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I remember doing this in DOS using config.sys. In windows nt those options have moved to boot.ini, so think that might be the same if you're installing windows nt to a bootable cd.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

sounds like you are just looking at diffrent hardware profiles?

isnt this available under amin or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

No.
    I just need to be able to boot a machine and have network access. the batch file is just so I can have the 3 different type machines drivers on the 1 cd, otherwise I have to have 3 floppies. Doya know what I mean. I need this so I can basically go to a network drive and run a program from dos.
    I'm confusin myself now. :confused:;)

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Kai

Try this, its a freeware program for Dos menus.

http://www.gdsoft.com/shareware/easymenu.zip

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

• Advertisement
Advertisement