Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who's the best striker in the world ?

• 20-01-2003 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭

T Henry

Who's the best striker in the world 30 votes

Henry
    0% 0 votes
    Van Nistelrooy
    53% 16 votes
    Ronaldo
    16% 5 votes
    Vieri
    16% 5 votes
    Owen
    10% 3 votes
    Forlan
    3% 1 vote

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

van the man cos im a united man but you left out so many others like alan shearer, james beattie robbie keane, teddy sheringham
    Rivaldo, Ronaldinho, klose, raul etc..... and is it current strikers or all time greats???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

Ah I couldn't put every good striker in the poll, 10 is most I think. On current form, has to be Terry Henry, the lad is unreal. I'm a Pool fan btw, didnt vote for Owen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Has to be Ronaldo,three time world player of the year and he's still only 25,imagine he never got injured.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

I think on pure all around ability if all them were playing well I'd have to pick Ronaldo, so I've picked him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,761 ✭✭✭Xterminator

It can only be Henry.

Ronaldo may have more talent on the ball, but is nowhere as dangerous as Henry.

Henry is more clinical on front of goal that anyone else ive seen this season. and his pace is just unreal. If i was a defender, id be ****tin meself if i had to play him.

X

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

If Ronaldo could stay fit for longer then 1 month every 4 years he would probably have my vote. I voted for Henry, he is just a bit special, even though he NEVER scores with his head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

even though he NEVER scores with his head.

True normally, but the wrong time to say it. He scored a very nive headed goal anainst the Hammers on Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 nillis

I voted for henry on current form, his speed is unreal but his finishing although is good now can be a little inconsistent (FA Cup final with Liverpool). I dont think he is a player for the big occasion when its all on the line.

BTW Robbie Keane I think can go on to become one of the best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭pa

Shevchenko, by a nose from Raul.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

lol, Forlan naturally :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

Alan Shearer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭Sterile Fish

frankly i was dissapointed that there were only current stars available to vote, wt bout pele and cryuff? surely these legends rank far and above modern day 'stars'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by Sterile Fish
    frankly i was dissapointed that there were only current stars available to vote

but the title of the vote/thread is Who's the best striker in the world which is present tense

i voted Henry. he's like Jesus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭kamobe

Romario. He's getting on now, but he puts every other striker mentioned there to shame. Absolute predator, great work rate, great dribbler, superb finisher. Speed power, he has everything. I'll always remember him playing against Man U a few years ago in Europe (not the inexcusable neville pass in the World Club cup fiasco) against Pallister. Class double dummy/turn which left Gary scratching his head as he left him for dead to finish with class.

He really should have played in the world cup (he was the top scorer in the qualifiers, even though he only played half the games). But they won it without him....

originally posted by Sterile Fish

frankly i was dissapointed that there were only current stars available to vote, wt bout pele and cryuff? surely these legends rank far and above modern day 'stars'

Read the title of the thread, it's current strikers, if you were having a vote for all-time best striker then obviously Pele, Maradona, Romario, Van Basten, Puskas, Eusebio, Lee Chapman etc would be included...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

Lee Chapman? Would you ever .... ...!! One of the best strikers in the world. Don't make me laugh.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Van Nistelrooy is the best striker in the world. Henry isn't the striker type even though he gets lots of goals. Vieri would be close behind Van Nistelrooy with Ronaldo behind Henry.

One more thing... why isn't Raúl in the poll. He's surely one of the main contenders. Maybe Kluivert should be in there too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

Ronaldinho, he is just so good.

originally posted by Waylander

Lee Chapman? Would you ever .... ...!! One of the best strikers in the world. Don't make me laugh.

LOL...i was being friggin sarcastic :D
    Apologies if it wasn't obvious !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

Ronaldo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Rolo Tomasi

:p The irony of having Forlan in a poll to decide who is the world's best striker. The new Atari Jaguar maybe??

Anyway there's no denying Mr Henry. Also why is Owen in the poll but Raul has been left out???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

A very narrow selection.. 4 premiership players out of the 6.

Ok here's a question for yis...what has Ronaldinho done this season, what has Raul done, what has Ronaldo done, what has Shevchenko done ???

Answer = Not a lot. And the World Cup doesn't count, that was b4 this season.

If its just down to goals then Henry, Vieri, Inzaghi, Trezeguet, Makaay, Larsson etc etc etc should be in the poll.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

Best striker in the world would imply doing it on a World Stage i.e THE WORLD CUP -

Ronaldo proved his abilities there this summer thats why I voted for him.

As far as the selection of strikers goes it is very limited not exactly a world selection ......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Ronaldo

a 100% fit ronaldo would wipe the floor with any body

I would agree that Ronaldo is one of the best strikers in the world, if it wasn't for all the injuries he would be in the top 10 of all time imo. He played 17 games in total in 2002 and won world player of the year.

But on current form, I still say Henry is the best in the world. Second Vieri, third Inzaghi.

The arguments could go on and on, that's what's great about this game we love :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 128 ✭✭Hagi1513

Shevchenko just shades it a head of Henry and Vieri.I don't know how Del Piero,Trezeguet,Kluivert can be left out and Forlan included.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Probably Vieri right now, with Shevchenko, Ronaldo and Henry close behind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 celbridge_star

Raul for me, sheer quality, best years still ahead of him as well....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

Originally posted by Mossy Monk
    i voted Henry. he's like Jesus

Yeh he I think he thinks that too. Still he is quite amazing, although I'm going to say Ronaldo...[

Advertisement