Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€50 Adsl

Options
  • 20-01-2003 5:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

That €50 product is ex VAT. They have a 256 down flavour for €60 incl VAT.

ADSLNOW are one of their resellers.

Info here. http://www.adslnow.ie/news.php#20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

I think this has been talked about before (i may be wrong). But anyway i guess when they promised 50euro they didn't know eircom were going to be so anal about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

It is 60 euros (incl. VAT). It is not available out of my local exchange (Terenure, Dublin) even though the the business version of Esat DSL is being sold out of it.

Originally posted by SkepticOne
    the business version of Esat DSL is being sold out of it.

Do you mean they can't offer the business version any longer?

Originally posted by sjones
    Do you mean they can't offer the business version any longer?
    No, you can get the business version, just not the residential.

• Advertisement

A friend of mine has the business line at his home. He got it in Sept for a two month trial - but they haven't started billing him yet. He said he's gona keep the business line when they start billing him.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

You can check if the residential service is available in your area at the following http://register.iol.ie/dsl/

Wouldn't you know I can get it at my family home in Cork, but not in Dublin city.

It makes no sense that you can get the Esat business DSL service in some exchanges, but not the residential service, it makes no sense at all, unless they are trying to milk certain areas, where they think people will pay more.

Anyone know which of Esat's exchanges the residential service is available out of?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by SkepticOne
    Anyone know which of Esat's exchanges the residential service is available out of?

Jeez....just check your phone number on register.iol.ie/dsl

Originally posted by eth0_
    Jeez....just check your phone number on register.iol.ie/dsl
    I know my own exchange is not done. I just want to find out which exchanges have the service available.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭Dawg

List of enabled exchanges to be found here tho I'm not sure which offer residential as Terenure is listed here but someone mentioned previously that it only provides the business offering...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Sovjohn

Bleh

my damn luck, why should I be born in Greece!

There's a 60 € DSL there from some company eh? (256 I believe)

I wish such "technologically advanced" things would come here in a reasonable price, too!

The first carrier to announce DSL prices gave us un-capped 256k DSL at 112 € incl. VAT (95 excl. VAT)

But, the carrier is a small company, they have only activated 3 out of their 30 claimed points of presence in the Attica county (that's where the capital is based on), and had promised DSL since early 2002 (announced it 3-4 days ago, and apparently it ll take a while before anyone gets an actual line installed!)

They also charged companies a good 1200 Euros per month for a 256k DSL (And by DSL, I mean DSL, not leased line).

Apart from the things mentioned above, and the fact that in their business DSL they had some good 90 days/year downtime, they should ROCK, ofcourse..

Bleh...I should be born in Cyprus instead :mad:

I was suprised when i found out about the broadband connectivity in Cyprus. I've been going there each summer since i was 12 (i missed one i think ;/). My uncle used to live in Limassol - but that was when it was 56k only.
    Back to the topic - don't give up Sovjohn

Advertisement