Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who connected to my machine?

Options
  • 20-01-2003 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭

When I was using Win95 on a network, there was a very handy program (in 'administrative tools' I think) that let me see who was browsing my machine over the network, and what files/folders they were looking at. Now I'm on XP, and I can't find any similar program (besides looking at access logs, but that's hardly an ideal solution). Anyone know where it is, or if it's still part of Windows? If not, are there any progs available that can do this?

thanks,
    J

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Should be in Control Panel > Admin Tools > Computer Management

It's definitely avaliable in Win2k and I'm reasonably sure it should be available in "Computer Management".

(A very handy feature when ping times, etc at LAN's matter ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

Ah yes, there it is (Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Sessions / Open Files for those wondering).

Thanks leeroy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

bit easier start-programmes-accessories-system tools-Net watcher

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

Originally posted by leeroybrown
    Should be in Control Panel > Admin Tools > Computer Management

It's definitely avaliable in Win2k and I'm reasonably sure it should be available in "Computer Management".

(A very handy feature when ping times, etc at LAN's matter ;) )

do like i do, run an ftp at lans, much more manageable :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

Originally posted by Chaos
    bit easier start-programmes-accessories-system tools-Net watcher
    Yeah that's the program I was talking about in 95/98, but it's missing in 2000 & XP. It's a pity the replacement one under Computer Management isn't updated realtime - you have to refresh it manually. Still, very handy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement