Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fleetwood Mac - Peter Green or afterwards?

Options
  • 20-01-2003 6:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭

I don't have too much time for Fleetwood Mac after Peter Green left. The man is a genius.

Keith

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Shorty

Unfortunately I have been brought up to believe that Fleetwood Mac wasn't Fleetwood Mac after Peter Green left. I definately think their earlier stuff was better.

Can't help about the shape I'm in,
    I can't sing, I ain't pretty and my legs are thin
    But don't ask me what I think of you
    'Cause I might not give the answer that you want me to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Al Higgins

MMmmmm.

I have mixed feelings avout this one..

One of my earliest memories is of my Dad stopping his car at the end of a straight road putting on "the chain" from Rumours and seeing how long it would take to get up to 100mph(he and i both thought this was really cool at the time).

On the other hand I never listen to any post Peter Green stuff other than Rumours...so Peter green wins.

So many great songs..Man of the world I and II,Watch Out etc.Its just a shame he will never be the same man.

Has anyone been to one of his recent live shows?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Keithaburke

Did you hear Adam Duritz played a John Mayall with Peter Green song on Today last night?

Was there a Man of the world II?

I thought it was "Oh well" and "Oh Well II".

I was at a live show last year (with my dad of course) and the guy is still a legend.

You can see he has poped one too many alright, but the way he plays guitar is almost unrivaled. It's not speed he's after... nor agressive loudness, it's pure feeling.

When the band get louder than him... he seems to prefer to keep playing and singing away, putting as much emotion and feeling into it as ever without compromising his playing. He doesn't try to get louder or cut through the noise.

His voice is un changed, although he did give a bit of a religious-journey speech in the middle, which turned out to be quite funny ann ended in the "Green Manalishi's coming to get ya" sort of stuff. This had the entire guitar-headed audience going mad...

Peter Greene fans will always forgive him I think, for being slightly out there.

Here's to Greeney,
    Keith

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭sirpsycho

Anyone recommend an album(F.Mac) with Peter Green? I only know Man of the World...courtesy of that car-crash add.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭sirpsycho

silly return key....

i was gonna say the L.Buckingham stuff is pretty good though. Big Love and Going Insane from "The Dance" are pretty amazing.

• Advertisement

I have, on order from Amazon.co.uk, a greatest hits of fleetwood Mac from the Peter Green years. I'll let you know what it's like when it arrives. I can't wait.

Other than that... the live stuff is pretty good.

You must know albatros and Black magic woman... they're Greene songs,

Keith

P.S. you can use the little edit link at the bottom of your messages if you accidentally hit the return key.

Gary Moore released an album called "blues for greeny" just dedicated to our man Pete.

Keith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 davepyro

does anyone know how to get hold of the

Fleetwood Mac - The Early Years video?

My mate got it years ago but the only way I can see is through amazon which is in ntsc format. Its pretty amazing if I can remember, loads of live video and interviews.
    You should read his biography if you get the chance.

I reveived my copy of this on Friday

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000075AJ1/026-9749121-1772410

I can't recommend it enough... for bluesy Fleetwood Mac fans.

There's a great long version of "need your love so bad" on it.

Keith

Advertisement