Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlocking Nokia Phones

• 20-01-2003 7:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭

Could someone explain unlocking phones.

I have both types of cables but not sure how to use the flasher one soI stayed away from it, but a friend wants me to unlock his phone so he can use an old sim card.

I have actually downloaded Nokia Tool 1.8 by Rolis and Rolis 4.78b. Are these good software, I don't want to mess up the phone.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Try the forums on www.e-tones.co.uk are really helpful for nokia and other phone unlocking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,016 ✭✭✭✭Stark

flasher cable is no longer required for newer nokia phones (3110 and later should be fine). Just a data cable will do. You can use Nokia tool or dejan flasher for this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I was looking at http://www.nkmobile.co.uk and It wasn't which SIM should be in the phone (i.e. The original, the other network or no sim at all). I dont want to feck the phone up. I wont be able to try the software until the weekend.

Advertisement