Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 2000 Administrator Password

Options
  • 20-01-2003 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭

Ok heres my problem,

My friend has a Windows 2000 Machine, This is set to auto logon in a restriced user which work ok, But when He tries to change his network settings(he needs to add this pc his home network) Its gives him the error msg that he has no administrator rights to change these settings,

Is there any way to delete the Admin account or hack this Pc,

With out wiping the PC ??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

is there an admin account on the PC? if so can the mem get access to it?

other than that...no

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭tech

yes there is a admin account on this pc, but no one has the password for this admin account, So I cant change any settings

?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

log into safe mode and the admin option will be there ...if there is no powd set up ....you should get in straight away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭BogoBot

http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/

Boot with this disk and you can delete and replace the admin password. Note that it will not tell you what it is.....only allow you to replace it. As for the autologon.....I seem to recall that holding shift just before logon will allow you to try your new password.

BTW, please read the warnings about this boot disk....Its never killed a machine on me but there is always a first time.

Bogobot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

so, the technology vault was of no use to you eh ? ;);):D

• Advertisement
Advertisement