Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FTV Card, looks same as SKY card?

• 20-01-2003 9:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭

Sorry if I this is going over old ground, but I have read through the whole forum and have not found an answer.

Just got my FTV card through a mate in the UK, but it is identical to my Sky card, have I been sent the right one?

I rang 00448702438000 and followed all instructions given in the other threads and all went well.

I am just concerned that all the packaging etc and the letter that the card is attached to is Sky branded and exactly the same as what my Irish Sky card came in. Did they send me the correct card? Dont want to ring up and ask any silly questions that might get me rumbled.....

John

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

This is fine, John, they are all this way. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

nothing to worry about. the FTV card is identical to your Sky card. the only difference being the number printed on the back of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭JohnDigital

Cool, just didnt want to get it wrong and have sky send around a bunch of heavies LOL

Cheers,

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭carrolls

Are they still sending out the old type cards?
    Seems a bit of a waste of resources.

I dont know if my card is any different, number starts with 102 if that means anything?

Any how it is working a treat, watching ITV1 news right now ;) thanx guys.

Now I can tell NTL to come along with their wire cutters and take out the cable..... great!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭pbirney

Originally posted by JohnDigital
    I rang 00448702438000 and followed all instructions given in the other threads and all went well.
    John,

Did you block the caller-id info. on your line beforehand and, if so, what is the number that you dial to do this?

Paul.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,552 ✭✭✭irishgeo

the number is 141 before the number which blocks your number from any landline.

I used my mobile with the CLI turned off. But to use a landline dial 141 before the number.

John

Advertisement