Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

online fps

Options
  • 20-01-2003 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭

kinda bord of cs....any1 recomend some more good online fps ? chances are ive probly played them but it might refresh meh memory ! and no1 say bf 1942 plz :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Have you played Wolfenstien yet? Im still getting a kick out of it anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

day of defeat

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Just obtained Sim City 4, not really fps but it sure does pass the time, If the computers here in work could handle it i'd most certainly bring it in to work.
    Chief.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

NS tbh.
    Vietcong looks good aswell

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Day of defeat is way better than CS,Medal of honour allied assault and Spearhead are great especially objective mode,Wolfenstein is a great teamplay fps.
    Ghost Recon is awesome online too.
    look around there are hundreds of great mods for various games to play online.
    Oh yeah Soldier of fortune 2 is good online too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭K!LL!@N

There's a lot to like about the new MP demo of IGI2.
    I'm really looking forward to the full release.

Killian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

medal of honour!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

hmm pld all of them xcept sim city,ghost recon and medal of honor,is it just me or does Ns suck donkey arse? i only played for about 30 mins but thats what it seemed like to me...hmmm i might go back and play dod for a week or two aswell :) thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

Its just you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

NS is decent once you find a decent server with no muppets and you get to know the rules and tactics of the game. Its still in its early beta stages so it could do with a lot of polish but its still a decent game. I hope it doesn't go the way of the dodo like so many other young half life mods.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Ghost Recon is awesome online too.
    I heartidly endorse this product and/or service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

Originally posted by Thorbar
    NS is decent once you find a decent server with no muppets and you get to know the rules and tactics of the game. Its still in its early beta stages so it could do with a lot of polish but its still a decent game. I hope it doesn't go the way of the dodo like so many other young half life mods.

Very true, its so easy to have a game ruined by some noob commander who likes to build your base *outside* your spawn point to 'surprise' the aliens :rolleyes:

But thats why we have gathers (#gather.ie - heavily adminned games in tourny mode with ns regulars - no muppetry) and the navan(iol) server usually has a few admins willing to lay the smack down on the unwitting nooblars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭theciscokid

mohaa :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

RTWC is all teamplay, if you go in as merc, it`s a bit crap.

Quake3, but only cause i want to beat someone online.

If you`ve got low spec machines, try for a game of Delta Force2 or Delta Force 3, will work on most low spec onboard gfx machines

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

NS owns my pants.

The Navan server is good as us admin types run it with an iron fist. (trust me you should see the size of the ban list :D )
    and there is almost always an admin on, even if none are on the server its self.. we are god like in our ways

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭[CALIBUR]

quake 3 and isdn line and ur happy.

hmm i think ill give Ns another go so......just hope i dont get ban'd :P lol and might even try out ghost recon ! thats not like rainbow 6 is it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Operation Flashpoint

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

TFC

you know it makes sence :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Originally posted by Chief---
    Just obtained Sim City 4, not really fps but it sure does pass the time, If the computers here in work could handle it i'd most certainly bring it in to work.
    Chief.

Umm there's no multiplayer in it yet I think..

.logic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Originally posted by Ping Chow Chi
    TFC

you know it makes sence :D

Yeah but your spelling doesn't

BTW i think this is 600th post....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

abbout sim city 4. they apparently included the multiplayer in the released game but when you try and play it, you get a message like "its not implemented yet, come back soon!"

sorry ass game makers. as tycho said it.

This isn't me being some weirdo fuckhead out on some crazy website. This is an actual customer who ferried your product home clutched like a childhood treasure. Now meet me ****ing halfway, you cocks.

Natural Selection is cool.
    Raven Shield Demo is fantastic.

adnans

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Day of Defeat is the greatest by quite a stretch.

Some of your CS skills will transfer a bit so you'll prob get into quite quickly though it takes ages to get really good at it.

Or it did for me.

And Bullman still kept killing me all the time last night on Radox.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Spunj

Originally posted by Sangre
    quote:
    Originally posted by Ping Chow Chi
    TFC

you know it makes sence

Yeah but you're spelling doesnt't

If you are going to nit-pick spelling mistakes, at least try to spell your own words right.
    "you're" should be "your "( you are saying 'you are spelling doesn't...'
    "doesnt't" should be "doesn't"

Along with that you added nothing to the thread except that you had 600 posts :rolleyes:

Back on topic, I am still addicted to CS. I've tried DoD but never really got into it in a big way, dont know why really. Played Op Flashpoint on LAN which I actually quite enjoyed. Also tried SoF online but like DoD it didn't click with me either. /me waits for beta 1.6 (if they ever fix that steam malarkey) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

Originally posted by DapperGent
    And Bullman still kept killing me all the time last night on Radox.

whats your nick?

I don't recall anyone called dappergent on radox, but tbh i can't remember a lot of things lately

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Originally posted by Spunj
    If you are going to nit-pick spelling mistakes, at least try to spell your own words right.
    "you're" should be "your "( you are saying 'you are spelling doesn't...'
    "doesnt't" should be "doesn't"

Along with that you added nothing to the thread except that you had 600 posts :rolleyes:

Back on topic, I am still addicted to CS. I've tried DoD but never really got into it in a big way, dont know why really. Played Op Flashpoint on LAN which I actually quite enjoyed. Also tried SoF online but like DoD it didn't click with me either. /me waits for beta 1.6 (if they ever fix that steam malarkey) :)

LoL boy is my face red....
    I just wanted 600 posts :(

How aobut MOHHA:spearhead
    But I thought we were having so much fun tusky?

Originally posted by Sangre
    LoL boy is my face read....
    I just wanted 600 posts :(

How aobut MOHHA:spearhead
    But I thought we were having so much fun tusky?

"read" should be "red" ;) lol having fun ? wha ? huh ? what are u talking about u crazy frenchman

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Originally posted by The_Bullman
    whats your nick?

I don't recall anyone called dappergent on radox, but tbh i can't remember a lot of things lately
    Shoothemlater

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Am I the only one who hates the way Navan is adminned? the admins make the teams swap after each game, no matter how unbalanced they were in the game before, if you dont swap you get a 2day ban, so it ends up that one team TOTALLY dominates for 6+ hours straight, and if you get the losing team, tough sh*t come back tomorrow! despise that rule, thats why i never play there if theres an admin on anymore.

ps: play TFC or firearms, both HL mods and they'll clearly the best :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Infairness most of use go one game Marine, one game Alien. Then the next one is random. Why people get banded is that they say what the hey and go the same as they where for like 3 rounds. Which really puts the teams off. Its also unfair on people who want to give the other side a try, but because someone used all the slots they have to stay the way they where.

Advertisement