Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anybody try these cheats?

Options
  • 20-11-2000 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭

I've been trying the popular cheats for Deus Ex and Carmageddon TDR 2000 but they just don't seem to work frown.gif

Anybody had luck with set JCDenton.bcheatsenabled True or editing the options.txt for TDR?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Courtesy of Gamesages.com

glassesprv.gif
    Sweeet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭tobi

The Deus Ex cheat worked for me, make sure you edited the user.ini file. http://pc.ign.com/codes/11727.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

cheats spoil games

The supreme irony of life is that no one gets out of it alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I must have the only copies of those games where the cheats don't work. frown.gif And I forgot to make a backup of the user.ini frown.gif ah well, it's not like the game doesn't work

cheat's don't spoil games. I'm about to play tru for the third time and this time I want to try everything unusual. If I wasn't cheating it'd be unthinkable to waste a LAW on a UNATCO trooper but since I am going to be cheating it'll be fun. Can you say GIBS!!!! smile.gif

• Advertisement

go into your user.ini file.

look for every occurance of "t=" or "T=" and put the word "talk" after the equals sign.

Now start up the game.

inside the game press T and at the bottom of the screen you should get...

(> Say

Delete the word say using backspace.

type in EXACTLY

set DeusEx.JCDentonMale bCheatsEnabled True

Now the cheats work by deleting the "say" and typing in the command (eg. Summon gray). The cheat is only active for that zone. So every time you move into a new zone you have to activate the cheat there too.

Been there, done that frown.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ThunderingMike

Actually, the TDR 2000 cheats are rather buggy. The desire to use cheats in that game is so one does not have to face the all too laborious prospect of saving millions of credits to buy all the cars which would take far, far too long.
    They do work its just a matter of making sure you type in the cheat activation code (which I forget) and then type them in exactly (that includes caps).

ani_marco.gif Get 'em Marco!

In the point of Deus Ex. I only used one cheat code and that was "opensesame". Apprantly there is a bug that if you use a multitool on a fully INF door then close the door after you pass through it, the door remains locked forever (and the keypad is on the other side of the door).

I had to use it in the ocean lab as I was trapped in the area of the mining rig (where you fight Simons). Stupid me was closing doors after me (stops surprises).

I normally don't use cheats until I have completed the game, or I have progressed to a point where the game is impossible and the thought of restarting from scratch to fix the problem is not worth it.

cheater wh0re *****es.

whats the point in cheating,its just the easy way out.just keep playing and youll eventually pass it,except for the dig which was impossible and u have to ring ****ing lucas arts dicks to find out how to get by(click this switch 7times,the next 8,then back to first click it 19 times........it goes on)

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Da'Bounca:
    whats the point in cheating,its just the easy way out.

That is the point in cheating. I've played through it twice and it's not really a challange if I play it properly, but I don't want to play it properly. I've had as much fun as I can without cheating and now want to see if it's fun to hit a UNATCO troop with a LAW? Or see if that plasma rifle is any good(I never had enough room for it). Or see what happens if I try to kill the resistance b4 getting my mission, etc....

i dont even know the game your talking about,but cheating is just sad.

Advertisement