Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do about your characters

Options
  • 21-01-2003 10:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭

Now that teh bug in raven has ****ed up everything, what do ppl want to do about there characters ?

I can wipe them or just leave them as they where ?

I'm also going to setup a cron job to backup the vault each week so we'll be able to recover for such a thing happening again.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭FlashBang

as I just started the cleric the same day, I didn't lose much really. I'll keep her in case backup is needed somewhere, or resurrection or whatever. In any case, I can just keep her as a mule :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

I don't really mind. I liked varathan but i was thinking of retiring him anyway.

If anyone hadn't wanted the xp they could have left the area and/or removed themselves from the party :)

Anyway, I would suggest a PW type scenario for during the week (where people can't re-do quests ad infinitum - look at dark rangers treasure for an example) and tear ahead of everyone else. And we go back to campaign play on Mondays and wednesdays - like we started with Raven.

Problem is finding a suitable PW..... Nordock looks good but too hard for 1st elvel chars. We also don't want the eventually high level chars "polluting" the campaign chars with equipment left lying around. If the campaign only has one +2 wepaon for each tank nad 1 +2 protection item for each rogue, someone picking up a +4 ring of prot. and a +4 longsword is at a bit of an advantage (not that anyone would do this but generally removing temptation is better than risking an "accident").

The Mon/Wed game was good because you still got a good bit of playing in and the character advanced quite well but you weren't required to spend extra time catching up - it was just unfortunate that Raven neglected to measure reward vs requirement properly.

on a side note, anyone any good at scripting? Got some ideas for a campaign that I developed for a PnP game but never got aroundto playing. Wouldn't mind converting it, but I need to change some of the general ways things are done (like resurrection, trade, etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

Well I arrived late and only talked to that guy once so I only leveled up once. My character Robin Goodfellow is still only level 7.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Light0r

If possible could u not wipe my chars plz > i asked you to bring it down to the lvl it was at before raven which worked like a charm.
    ( ta for that btw)
    Its vry handy n stuff as - if you can lvl like that its no challenge or fun.
    I wouldn't recomend puttin raven on again either
    - Light

Advertisement