Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to convert Mac files for a PC

Options
  • 21-01-2003 3:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭

I am going to commence work on a new website. The images for the site are being used by the clients printer at the moment.

My problem is that the printer uses a Mac, whereas i Use a PC.

What format, or what should i ask to the printer to do so that i can use the images on my PC?

Motm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

jpg, gif or png?

Although they wont be of perfect quality, so perhaps ask for them to be converted to bitmap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

It probably won't matter.
    If you have photoshop you'll be able to open them.

They'll probably have them in a tiff or eps format if they're printers which is probably the best thing for you to ask them for so they don't end up xporting bad quality images.

They might have it in quark format, which might be a problem.

Two things to watch out for.
    1. If they send it as a compressed file download suffit expander (kinda like winzip) to get at the files.
    2. Mac files down generally use extensions so either ask them to send thenm with extensions or just try and open them in photoshop.

You generally won't have a problem. Ask them what format they have them in and take that unless it's quark.

Best to see if you can get in touch with the printers & ask them a couple of questions.

g'luck, if you have any more questions gimme a shout.

- Kevin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭manonthemoon

Thanks Folks

Advertisement