Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USB help

• 21-01-2003 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭

okay, one of my friends has a p2 333mhz.. without usb

he's got a pci card with 2 usb sockets and a ps2 socket...

but he's running windows98 and the usb controller isnt getting picked up.. does anyone know an easy way to determine what PCI card is in the machine... it seems rather old :\

the card doesnt have anything written on it apart from "ATX" , "IR1" and "PS1" scribbled in random places on the board.

if anyone could throw some light onto the situation i'd be glad to hear it..

atm it's not picked up in add/remove hardware or anything.. so even i'm boggled :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

hmm I got one of those working perfectly in a p90, should work fine in a p2. All I can think of is a hardware conflict. Try a different pc slot or mess with irq assignments and the "plug and play os"setting in bios.

Advertisement