Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.mov to .wav

• 21-01-2003 4:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭

Is there anyone out there who knows how to save
    .mov files as wavs,i tried with cooledit but it won't
    work?

Any ideas even?

spanks in advance
    Cheez :D

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,478 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

There's a fatal flaw in your cunning plan there, Cheez, converting .mov files to .wav format is like recording the TV on a tape recorder. But, if you want to extract the sound only from a .mov file, it's easy enough.
    You can use Bink and Smacker's RAD tool (easy enough to google, I imagine) to convert from .mov to .avi in one step.
    It's quite probable that the same tool will extract the sound as a .wav, but if not, you can extract the .wav from the created .avi by using Virtual dub (www.virtualdub.org), File, Open, Save WAV.
    Good luck.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,478 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Ah sure,m I might as well give you a direct link ;)http://www.radgametools.com/bnkdown.htm

Get the first program on that list (RAD video tools), install and
    run. Select the .mov file, hit "Convert a file", choose WAV and
    hit Convert (on the right).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Cheez

sound as a pound a sausages an a gammon steak
    peace :D

Advertisement