Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phantom FM Online Playlist ??????

Options
  • 21-01-2003 5:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

There isn't one !!!!

Does anyone know of any plans to publish a playlist online that would allow all of us listners to easily identify the music we are listening to?????

Help!!!!!

I hear great music every day but I never know who / what I am listening to ...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Keithaburke

What a great idea...

That is the biggest problem with Phantom...

"Who was that, it was quite good?"

Keith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 gspottt

I have listened to many online radio stations, the best of them have a play list which shows:

1) Song currently playing

2) A list of the last 10 songs played

This list should include Title, Artist, CD/Album title is located on

I only listen to Phantom now, 10 hours a day while at work, I have standardized on it, and all day long they hardly announce the songs as they've played them, and if they do announce them they bang off 10 in a row and you can never figure where the one you were trying to identify was in the verbal list they quickly spewed !!!!

Come on guys, it would be simple to implement an online playlist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

Gosh, thank God you've come up with something for them to do!
    Coz they's just sitting around scratching their arses.

And yes I appreciate that reply is unnecessarily tetchy so I don't need to be told.

Thank you.

Roxy

You might want to check the dosage you've been taking, sounds like you are a little under medicated ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭o sleep

it seems like nearly every thread ends with someone offering up a bitchy remark, followed by a (perhaps justified) bitchy reply. next it will decend into a general bitch contest. roxy, for what it's worth, i think those people from phantom would appreciate any ideas on how to improve the station, whether they're workable or not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

DOWN WITH BITCHY REMARKS!!**

** up with sly sarcastic comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Cherry

I second this motion :D

Great a few more and we can start up some sort of society for people who make randomly sarcy coments about things they have no interest in

we'll be called:
    the
    PWMRSCATTHNII.....

sounds like it should be the name of something people drag out from a blocked drain

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭soma

I heartily endorse, this event or product.

thats great news.

we now have a sponser and a member for our PWMRSCATTHNII
    society!! soon the WORLD!!!!!!

MUWHAAA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

yeah i also endorse this product.

t always used to wreck me head, not being able to identify songs played on the loop tape.

are you guys still using loop tapes? maybe you could write a list of whats on all the different loop tapes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭mojopin

a great idea, us unsigned bands would also find it very very helpful and there a bunch of songs I like on phantom and havnt a clue wo they're by.

www.beautifullosers.info

Does anyone from the station actual every monitor this bulletin board to gain insightful information as to what their customers / listeners are thinking?

Is there anyone from the station who can legitimately reply to this idea of an online playlist????

G

If anyone is interested in a great example of how this should be done, just visit www.kpig.com, at the top of the page it shows the current song playing, the two songs that preceeded it and if you click on the "playlist" link to the left you can see every song that has played throughout the day and the time it played.

These guys have their *$#% together.

G

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Cherry

Page cannot be displayed.. but yeah it's a really good idea. Would save a lot of bother for a lot of people.

Example : I heard a song on PhantomFM in early 2000 & only found out 2 weeks ago what it was & who sang it. Nightmare.

Well done on bringing the idea up. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SimonMaher

Hello all,

Just to fill in the blanks on this one. Yep, it would be great to have something on the website that tells people what tracks are playing, and yep, its technically possible with the overnight playout system, but not with live programming.

Sadly, it needs special software to match up with our overnight playout system, and of course a full time internet connection, neither of which we have at the moment.

Hopefully down the line, things will improve financially and in terms of Irelands telecommunications infrastructure and it will be possible. For now though, its not an option.
    Does anyone from the station actual every monitor this bulletin board to gain insightful information as to what their customers / listeners are thinking?

Heehee, no I will choose not to reply to that bit. Yes is the answer.

Regards,

Pete Reed
    Phantom FM

Thanx for the reply Pete, my question was geared to find out if anyone from the station did monitor the thread, not a shot at you guys, that was not my intent.

Ahh yes, everything always boils down to $$$$ sadly enough.

I appreciate your response, sorry to hear this functionality is a long way off in your eyes, the benfits of a playlist such as this would be very big, especially to up and coming artists.

cheers

g

Advertisement