Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3rd year Software Development

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭rander00

I dont think Slimshady there is really clued in wit the real world.
    Probably just another optimistic 1st yr student that wudnt work on batteries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭SlimShady

jesus christ everyone is ****en against me...so from now on im jus gonna sing...la la la

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Synkronite

This is interesting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Originally posted by rander00
    I dont think Slimshady there is really clued in wit the real world.
    Probably just another optimistic 1st yr student that wudnt work on batteries.

Laff, Laff, Laff, soft dev graduates at the mo have to sit around on their holes waiting for jobs to come along.

We cruise out of college in two years with fresh knowledge of new technologies and straight into cushie jobs on the crest of the new boom.

Sorry.

Prediction:: 2006:: Ha'penny Bridge:: Ballooba wrapped up in several dirty old jackets with a paper cup in his hand eating his hat.

[edit]
    with an old copy of tornado insider (old venture capital mag.. is it still round?) in a frame beside him.
    [/edit]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭SlimShady

well thats a good one to shut these bitches up for a while

• Advertisement

that will really shut us up.

Lets just all hang around till 2006. Ur a hobnob!!

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Mutz

Originally posted by sjones
    I'm in second year in a Software Development course. What i would like to know is this: Is there much of a difference between second year and third year? Is there more project work? Is there more hours in college? That sorta stuff. Cheers.

I'm in 3rd year Computing in IT-Tallaght and wish I wasn't there anymore tbh! :)

The hours are slightly less in 3rd year ( 1 lecture on a friday and 3 on thursdays, otherwise full days).

Workload-wise, its mental but there's a more relaxed atmosphere because we're all used to it at this stage :rolleyes:

Definately get your diploma before you take a year out m8. The cert is good, but a diploma is better + 1 year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Originally posted by ballooba
    Laff, Laff, Laff, soft dev graduates at the mo have to sit around on their holes waiting for jobs to come along.

We cruise out of college in two years with fresh knowledge of new technologies and straight into cushie jobs on the crest of the new boom.

Sorry.

Prediction:: 2006:: Ha'penny Bridge:: Ballooba wrapped up in several dirty old jackets with a paper cup in his hand eating his hat.

[edit]
    with an old copy of tornado insider (old venture capital mag.. is it still round?) in a frame beside him.
    [/edit]

I couldn't agree more! It seems the given thing to say that we'll all be snapped up by eager multinationals willing to give us moolah for pissing about all day :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Congrats everyone, you've all managed to go completely off-topic. Nice work :mad: Thanks for your input Mutz, I will infact go for the dip before taking a year out.

You do that!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement