Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orals

• 21-01-2003 8:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭

is anyone else getting freaked out that the orals are starting in just over 2 months??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,173 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

HELL YES!!!!
    /me freaks out, runs around the run, slips......

Ow I hurt my bottom....

We havent done that much prep work but imo it will be easier then the aurol, I only have Spanish to worry about and my teacher wrote the Oral book.

I think we're going to start revising after the mocks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

Dunno about anyone else, but I'm completely relaxed about it. I always have been about exams, never bothered me. I'm sure I'll get a little worried as the time runs out though.

Does anybody else find it amusing to see everyone else running around stressed saying "OMFG I R TEH FAIL OHE NOE" at exam time? I do. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭honeymonster

I'm pissin in me jocks. :eek:

Wonder if i accidentally drop say a €20 note in his pocket will he write "Honeymonster = A"

Or if its a woman "Those are nice legs yea got there, wana keepem that way"

I'll watch the sopranos and get some more ideas or maybe i'll get some study done, I need to stop drinking coffee.

:D

I'll post a proper reply later when the caffeine has worn off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,031 ✭✭✭✭Stark

the important thing about the orals is just remember to swallow ;-)

No seriously the best thing is to relax. If you hold a normal conversation then the chances are you will never be asked any of those weird questions like what's your name, where do you go to school? It's like a conversation in real life, you can talk casually to someone but if there are awkward silences, people start asking you the old reliables, same in the orals. You will get a lot more marks for going about it that way and things will pass very quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Mewzel

well thank god its not just me!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Personally the only bits of the exams I'm worried bout are the orals!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

i just realised i cant speak a word of french
    im grand for irish tho :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

I was really worried bout the German orals last year (showed that in the amount of time i studied for them *Sarcasm*) because of all the role plays and picture sequences i had to learn off. I was extremely lucky with the examiner i got because he was really helpful and did nothing to try and get me into a muddle most of them are like that. Unfortunately i got the picture sequence and roe play i didnt want basically i just made it up as i went along. It was alrite in the end. Converse with them and even if you dont understand a question make sure you can say that in the given language because all they're looking for is your ability to speak it. If you dont understand a question they'll generally explain it to you in a simpler way so dont worry about that. You're far better off telling them that you dont understand the question rather than going on for five miinutes about your hobbies when they asked you how do you make a cup of tea.

Dont panic and you'll be fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

If you look back about a year I posted up a huge amount of Oral stuff for French definitely... mayeb for Irish too

/me looks

edit: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=47904

<< Fio >>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

OMG, the orals were pants easy, just make sure your prepaired.
    What i did is get a dictaphone, and proceeded to have a conversation with myself on the tape in french/irish, then listened to it during the long walk to school each morning, worked like a treat, the examiners will also help u out, the guy turned off the tape inthe middle of my exam and helped me to say the next question , i already had the answer though :D

No french ehh sera?

Tá me parle vous francais?
    heheheheheheheehehehe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

My whole lack of ability to speak any language other then English well, has left me utterly screwed. Damn bloody exam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭imp

Originally posted by smiles
    I posted up a huge amount of Oral stuff for French definitely

Wow. Thanks Fio, that'll come in helpful.

*hugs* :)

}:>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

when are the irish and german orals?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Originally posted by imp
    Wow. Thanks Fio, that'll come in helpful.

*hugs* :)

}:>

nps pet :)

<< Fio >>

Advertisement