Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB signs cash-machine deal with Ingenico

Options
  • 21-01-2003 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78,370 ✭✭✭✭

I presume this is mean to read 2,000 machines (I think AIB currently has about 1,000+). One wonders will they expand their link up with the Post Office for expanded bankings services.

But 20,000 machines means one in virtually every shop and pub in the country.
    AIB signs cash-machine deal with Ingenico
    Tuesday, 21st January, 2003

Ingenico has agreed an exclusive five-year deal to supply Allied Irish Banks (AIB) with over 20,000 of its new cash machines.

The multi-million euro contract establishes Ingenico, the world's leading supplier of secure transaction systems, as the leading terminal provider in the Republic of Ireland.

All of Allied Irish Banks' retailers - which includes customers of AIB in the Republic of Ireland, Allied Irish Banks (GB) in Great Britain and First Trust Bank in Northern Ireland - will have the new terminals, replacing all existing stock.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,370 ✭✭✭✭Victor

:rolleyes: It appears they are taking about EPOS / EFT (credit / debit card) terminals.

http://www.ingenico.com/group/news/latestinformation/index.php
    "Ingenico, the world leader in secured transaction systems, has just signed a 5-year supply contract with ALLIED IRISH BANK for exclusive delivery of its secure terminal TT41. This deal, worth €15 million, not only makes Ingenico the number one payment terminal supplier in the Republic of Ireland, but also demonstrates our ability to break into new markets at the expense of our main competitors. "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Well no matter what they are, we could do with more of these things around certain blackspots- namely the anywhere down the country and notably the Sandyford Industrial Esate Leopardstown Area- I can only think of 1 off hand - (the actual AIB HQ)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Originally posted by 80project
    Well no matter what they are, we could do with more of these things around certain blackspots- namely the anywhere down the country and notably the Sandyford Industrial Esate Leopardstown Area- I can only think of 1 off hand - (the actual AIB HQ)

These are credit card terminals..like they have in shops. I don't know how useful they would be to the general public ;)

I assume you mean ATM's. Sandyford could certainly do with one or two more of them..and a decent bus service, but that's another topic

• Registered Users Posts: 78,370 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by BuffyBot
    and a decent bus service, but that's another topic
    The Luas is coming .... some time. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

I'm not living on the 44 Bus Route anymore but all I can say about that route is...ARRRGGGHHH.

On the Plus side it prompted me to start cycling practically *everywhere*

• Advertisement
Advertisement