Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black and White

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Looks a little better than good....IMHO anyway the best way to see that game is dl some of the movies of it....then youll see just how sweet it is or will be!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

yea, saw it at ECTS last month where the dev team talked people thru the game.

TBH it looks allright, but not nearly as good as all the hype is making it out to me. People are also saying that the game is miles away, and we wont see it for a year at least...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

From what I hear, it is also an email client. It checks your email while playing and checks your MS outlook Name and address book and names all your villagers after them.

Also checks your IP when online and checks your local locations weather and puts that in the game.

Some other werid stuff too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Black & White patch v1.01b :

fixes known macro virus bugs.
    makes game not like Magic Carpet/Populous.

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Greenbean

Kali I'd say you are well off the mark. Karn those are just the fancy features IF they get implemented (the weather idea certainly isn't likely to be implemented I'm told).

I reckon Black&White will be a mix between the sims and dungeon keeper - but in nice detailed outdoor levels, and loads of sparkly features. It should have decent long lasting playability and this could be greately enchanced if "The Gathering" idea works properly. Supposed to let you connect in a Everquest fashion to meet other players and their "Creatures" - you could play chess on virtual boards - chat and thats where it gets vague.

I'm looking forward to it in the same way as Anarchy Online and even more than Sacrifice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ThunderingMike

Ambition? Peter Molyneux wipes his ass with the word. You are floating above your planet from Space. Surveying it. You zoom in. You see a country. You zoom in on the country. You see a house. You zoom in on the house. A barrel next to it. You zoom in to the barrel, an apple on it. You zoom into the apple, a Worm in it. You zoom into the worm and you see its smiling face. This game will check online for the kind of weather your having in your local area and you will get the same weather in your game. Your giant Pet will also dance to the MP3's you put in a special folder in the B&W directory. PC Gamer went a bit sensationalist this month by saying it might not actually be as good as we thought it would. Utter boll0cks. Wether Lions Head deliver all they have promised is yet to be seen but from what I have seen, this game shows the signs of a sheer classic.

Now, if they'd just stop ****ing delaying it.

ani_marco.gif Get 'em Marco!

They'll be crucified if they delay it again, after taking it from "out next month" to "5 months later". February it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Raven

Delayed or not, this will be a monumental title. The vastness, the scope, the pure genius that resides within this game will blow everyone away.

Expect everything, and more.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

That weather thing would be abit crap wouldn't it? If you live in Ireland all you'll get is rain!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

God pll this is going to be the best game ever. 50 times better than populus. its going to change all the future games. Sadly it will be Peter Molyneux's last game because hes going to work on the X-Box. *sobsob*. And if its delayed i rather than than another ultima acension.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

That games looks so sweet. [drools] Mmmmmm, Black and White

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Sadly it will be Peter Molyneux's last game because hes going to work on the X-Box

Er, and what's he going to make on the X-Box then, spreadsheets?

Cool! Peter Molyneux is making Championship manager on the x-box!!

his exact words is he will be gong to work on next generation consoles(i.e. the X-Box)
    he making game for them, duh.

his exact words is he will be gong to work on next generation consoles(i.e. the X-Box)
    he making game for them, duh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kegser

That Molyneux chappie would want to start churning out the games a bit faster... or some agitated fans will end up castrating him.

B&W looks very nice though.

[This message has been edited by Kegser (edited 11-11-2000).]

hmm nebody who thinks that because Black and White will take a while its befcause there making the game better. now hmm if yous want another ultima 10 then u can take it but i think we should be a but more calm ppl. its being playtested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭tobi

Anyone know when it's due for release, before or after Christmas?

[This message has been edited by tobiwan (edited 18-11-2000).]

The date is supposed to be February (early).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

Go to www.pczone.co.uk to see the review of the game, i get PCZONE and it looks class!
    They say that its gonna be one of the first games released witht he X-Box aswell, which is nice.

Buggerit, Millenium hand and shrimmp......?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

well it was there but they do have a running commentary in the PCZONE mag, its in most all newsagents.

Buggerit, Millenium hand and shrimmp......?

Advertisement