Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shen m000000000...

Options
  • 26-11-2000 4:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭

Shenmue, on the Dreamcast.

F**k me.

It's impossible to describe it; it isn't an RPG... it's like, er, a life simulator. You can interact and play with EVERYTHING, talk to anyone, go anywhere and do anything. If you spend too long down at the toyshop fiddling with the cool little toys, you might have to leave some of the things you want to do till tomorrow because night will fall and you need to go back to the house to sleep... Etc, etc. It's ASTOUNDING - I can see some people finding it hard to get into, and I'm still confused as to what exactly it's meant to BE, but it's utterly, utterly beautiful to look at, and completely compelling.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

damn right

Draffodx
    Out of desparition courage is born

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ThunderingMike

Is it available now? I'm going to Cork on Thursday for my crimbo shopping and want to get a hold of as many quality titles as I can before the big rush starts.

ani_marco.gif Get 'em Marco!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Nitro-G

I got it in this morning from Sega, its on four GD-Roms, and altough I have only been playing it for an hour, its brilliant!

Jamie

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Must Buy Tonight smile.gif

Actually, I only just bought Soul Calibur on Saturday (I hang my head in shame), but I'll get Shen M00 tonight wink.gif

All the best,
    kharn_sig.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

F*ck the plot. I'm still playing in the arcade. Something about finding my dads murderer... blah, who cares, I have space harrier!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Chubby

20001115l.jpg heeh, might get a dreamcast for this...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

dont forget MSR....

Has anyone even come close to finishing it BTW, some of the challenges are hardaramma (Im at the end of chapter 3 BTW)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

No, chap 3 is about as far as i can get frown.gif

glassesprv.gif
    Sweeet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

our copy here in the office is totally cleared now - the last few vehicles you can unlock are VERY cool smile.gif

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Gah - Shen M00 isn't in EB on Dawson St till Friday (a mate's g/f works there).

Oh well - I'd best finish SC first wink.gif

To HELL with Deus Ex - I doubt I'll finish it now that I've discovered that the DC is the dogs smile.gif

All the best,
    kharn_sig.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Firefox

I have got up to Chapter 5 in MSR and it's getting damn hard!! Especially some of the one on one challenges. As for Shenmue, I'll be down to Game first thing after work on Friday!! Although Tomb Raider Chronicles is out as well for DC and im a big tomb raider fan as well!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

christ, even where I am oon chapter 3 the one-on-ones are **** hard.

I does not help that the whole break before corner, not after you have hit wall is lost on me smile.gif

Christ I hate those Tokyo tracks frown.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭whitetrash

haha i rule u all.

msr - up to chapter 15 unlocked. chapter 12 finished.

sc - only have to get inferno and i'm finished

almost finished mdk2 aswell.

soon as i get q3, jsr and shen i will never see natural light again. muhahahahahahahahahaha......awww

I Live

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Mike, stay in Cork it is much better than Kerry.

Advertisement