Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Project IGI Demo

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Jelvon

run sweet on my box, the v3500 handles it alright. from the demo you can see that it has everything delta force wants to have. it has decent ai , sweet graphics , and a storyline. it is like a sp version of cs with miles of terrain smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Downloading now smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

Ran fine on my AMD 450 voodoo 3000, so system requirements cant be that high. Dunno how they did it tho, massive maps and all good quality polygons, there is quite a bit of pop-up mind, through the fog.

I am inflatible !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Really nice - I like their tech system, although stuff gets a bit ugly up close because they've traded off detail for draw distance. The game overall seems very polished and fun... but... WHAT have they done to my lovely AK47?? It sprays all over the place! The horror, the horror...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Just played it.... YUM! Although it seemed a bit sluggish on my machine (!) - P3 866 / 256mb ram/matrox G400 16mb running in 800*600*16bit

Bleh.

- Munch
    gibskull2.gif

• Advertisement

Yes good point Shinji, the AK does spray all over the shop. Not even the first bullet is accurate, I like that sniper rifle though, feels very meaty smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭TheWarden

Aye GFX were a bit sluggish even on a athlon1.1gig tnt2. And the gameplay just plain sucks IMHO smile.gif Tis a poor FPS. GFX look sweet but the handling and movement is all wrong. Enemies move gayly etc.... pretty GFX just dont wooo me enuff. Next game please.....

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Greenbean

If the game seems fine on a p450 (mills), a bit sluggish in firefights with mine (nother p450 256 etc) and still sluggish on 833s and 1gigs then I suggest that the game must be eating up all cpu its given.. set the details setting a little lower I reckon.

The gameplay seems fine to me, quite enjoyable - pity there wasn't more use of the expansive landscapes for non-cutscene gaming; otherwise I wouldn't put it down. I'll be buying this.

I can't understand how it's not running well on top end machines, its pefctly smooth on mine even during fights. I am running at 640 x 480 tho, and I reduced the detail/draw distance quite a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Jelvon

it runs smooth on my k7 800 @ 800x600 and with the performance bar at the bottom, still I notice the terrain warps a bit when you zoom in with the sniper rifle

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Noel Brady

GI actually interviewed the game's producer, Andrew Wensley, so if you want to read what he had to say, click on www.game-ireland.com/igiinterview.html

Noel Brady
    www.game-ireland.com

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Spoonman

Its a nice game, only quibble is the demo was too short, I hope the game isnt as short. ie like eliteforces was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭THE SPERMINATOR

I just love sliding down the wires and shooting the dumb guards in the baraks thro the walls ratertat aaahhhhhgggggg thud thud hehehehehe sniper rifle is way to easy pop pop most of the camaras and sentrys dead ooops.Looks great plays great
    heres a challenge for yeez get thro the hole level without killing a single guard camaras are fair game tho It can be done the the last stretch takes abit of the limford christys hehehe.

Stone biggrin.gif

Advertisement