Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Go-ahead for Eircom fixed line texting

Options
  • 22-01-2003 1:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭

EIRCOM has been allowed to proceed with its new fixed line text messaging service after agreeing with the telecoms regulator and other licensed operators (OLOs) to provide a wholesale price whereby the latter can offer a similar service.
    Eircom continued to advertise the phones after the Commission for Communications Regulation (ComReg) blocked the launch of the product, as the company did not provide operators with a wholesale price.

From today, Eircom 4012 users will be able to send and receive text messages and can access the text to speech facilities.

Article here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭patrickmooney

Saw that this morning so I decided to send my landline a test text message to see if the SMS to Voice works, and yes it does! I don't think 02 have decided on a pricing scheme for texting landlines yet, although I can't see it being any more expensive.

Advertisement