Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You're Gonna Love This...

Options
  • 21-11-2000 9:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭

So heres the story. Get comfortable:

This is an absolutely true account of the events of the last 3 hours.

I come in from a **** poor awful ****ing day. Its ok though, because Red Alert 2 is there waiting to be played and beaten! 'I'm on the last level! Huzzah!'

So, I sit down and start her up. Get ready you commie *******s!

It's crashed. I load it up a second time. A third and a forth, this time, closing a few progs first. Crashed. So I consult the RA2 Tech boards. I should restart and close a few progs. I do so and start up RA2 once more.

'Failed To Initialize. Please Reinstall'

smile.gif

This is no problem. I'll just hold on to my save games and reinstall the game. So I uninstall and go through the laborious process of reinstalling the game. Once its reinstalled:

'Failed To Initialize. Please Reinstall'

smile.gif

So this I find quite trivial, as I simply have not put in the patch aswell. So I search a few sites for it. Strangely, Fileplanet, CNET and every fan site that I visited had the Patch but it simply would not download. The pages KEPT ON CRASHING!
    OK, no problem, I'll use westwoods handy auto updater. So I execute it and its working away and amazingly finishes downloading. As the patch comes to the end of its installation, an error... : 'A File is missing. Please reinstall RA2'

smile.gif

PS: This rant was originally intended for the RA2 boards, but surprise! My password did not work. How I laughed.

ani_marco.gif Get 'em Marco!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭tobi

You poor Basterd crap.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Old Wolf

Hate that. RA2 is crud tho. If u want a wicked RTS play Sudden Strike. Awesome. Great
    SP missions & campaigns.
    Multiplayer is excellent (hard to understand
    fully at 1st) but superb. Maybe we play MP some night soon on net. Drop me a mail !

dunnua@eircom.net

The Path of Excess leads to the Tower of Wisdom.

Advertisement