Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radeon 9500 to 9700 soft hack anyone done it?

Options
  • 22-01-2003 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭

Has anyone tried the software hack to upgrade their radeon 9500 to a 9700?

If you tried and failed or succeeded, can you post your card manufacturer, and model no.

If you succeedeed, any problems (eg. artifacts), and and what about overclocking?.

Vex.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭BabyEater

The Sapphire RADEON 9500 128MB seems to be the card to do it with from reading other forums.
    Some people where getting artifacts as some of the 4 pipelines that they enabled didn't work . These where 9700's that didn't work and where made 9500's then but most seem to work.
    The RAM won't overclock aswell as a 9700 pro as it is slower but the core should get up to 9700 pro levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Originally posted by Vexorg
    If you succeedeed, any problems (eg. artifacts), and and what about overclocking?.

Vex.

What are artifacts?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Not quite sure what they are, but from the pics i have seen, they look like groups of stuck pixels in various geometric shapes.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Hey Vexorg you have 666 posts your evil b@stard, don't come near me!!!!.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Use this to test for artifacts.
    Tis quiet good when overclocking to find the limits.

And there basiclly impurities in the graphics when you overclock to much, like loadsa little pixels

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

I wonder should I get the 9500 or 9500 Pro.

The 9500 has the risk that it wont be modable or will have the mentioned artifacts.

The difference in price is only about 25 euro, but if the hack works the performance increase would be massive. The 9500 Pro cant be hacked at all.

The Pro is faster, but by how Much?

9700-9500specs.gif

If the hack does not work, im stuck with a 4 pipeline card.

Its a bit of a gamble really, what would you guys do?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

Advice/opinions would be welcomed.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

ive a 9500 which soft mods perfectly, bought it on ebay gteed as such

grandmars is the make

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Spoonman

I went for the 9700np myself, least amount of risk with them, 8 pipelines are guaranteed and the majority of them will run nps at pro speeds (which effectively gives you a 9700pro) using a custom bios update.

Their not that much more expensive than the 9500pro (less than €50 more when I was buying it) & a lot less expensive than a 9700pro (your saving over €100).

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Mad Mike

I bought a connect 3D Radeon 9500 128MB about a month ago. I paid €180 including postage for it. Between placing the order and receiving the card I read about 100 posts on the net about people who tried and failed so I was very apprehensive.

Happily I am one of the lucky ones - my card mods flawlessly (using W1zzard) and even clocks up to beyond 9700 pro speeds. No checkerboards or anything just blistering performance. I have even tried W1zzards latest 9500 to 9800 patch - it just keeps getting better.

I think the window of opportunity for this mod has well and truly passed now but it has to have been be the best graphics card deal ever while it lasted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 SNAKKKKKEEE

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?action=info&p=29883&t=278&l=2&AvdID=1&CatID=24&GrpID=1&s=pl

Im pretty sure this is the card in question, correct me if im wrong.

I might just get myself one in a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Mad Mike

Originally posted by SNAKKKKKEEE
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?action=info&p=29883&t=278&l=2&AvdID=1&CatID=24&GrpID=1&s=pl

Im pretty sure this is the card in question, correct me if im wrong.

I might just get myself one in a few days.

Bad news Snakeee since about February all Sapphire Radeon 9500 (non Pros) come a a different PCB which is no longer moddable. Connect3d were still producing the moddable boards up to about a month ago but the chances of getting a moddable board now are very slim.

Advertisement