Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Importing Outlook Express mail into Outlook

Options
  • 22-01-2003 11:47am
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭

I recently changed the hard disk and upgraded to MS Outlook on my work PC. On the old drive (which I now have installed as a slave) I was using MS Outlook Express.
    I would like to import my Outlook Express mails into Outlook on the new drive but am having some difficulty; I tried booting from the old drive and running the export wizard, but this did not seem to do anything.
    I also tried the import tool in Outlook but this looked at the (Outlook Express) folder on the C drive, which did not help either.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Hey Samson,

Outlook Express stores your email in dbx files format, somewhere around this folder...

C:\Documents and Settings\[YOUR USERNAME]\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{hex key}\Microsoft\Outlook Express\

There's a dbx file for each folder you have in OE.

The only thing I can think of for you to attempt is to move all the contents of this folder on your old (slave) drive to the same place on the newer one with Outlook 2000/2002, then try to import again using the import feature in Outlook 2000/2002.

Let us know if it works. :)

Luc

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Originally posted by Lucutus
    Let us know if it works. :)

That did the trick, thanks.
    I owe you a pint for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Sweet. :D

Luc

Advertisement