Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone here get a Radeon 9700 pro?

• 22-01-2003 1:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has a Radeon 9700 pro and if so what make, price and where did you get it from? (because I want one!)

Boog.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I got one from Crucial (£219.99 + VAT) but you can also get it from Komplett(€414.12 inc VAT)
    See:
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?action=info&AvdID=1&CatID=24&GrpID=1&p=28365&s=fp
    http://www.crucial.com/uk/store/partspecs.asp?imodule=CTV9700P128A28

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭boogie man

Yeah, I was looking at that crucial one. Seems to be the best deal around. Is it working well for you?

Boog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Yeah it seems to be working grand. I havent had any trouble with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

I got one for 370 euro at www.encom.ie

They are absolutely excellent, I have a pair of 19" tft's on mine, and it steams along :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭_sheep

My Radeon 9700 Atlantis PRO is on the way from komplett under the promise i pay them €342.24(once i get the vat back) :) cant wait.

• Advertisement

encom only seen to have the ATI Radeon 9700 128Mb Dual Monitor at the momment for €402.00 excluding VAT. Damn it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Try emailing them, they are usually very good at matching prices :)

If I wait until the geforce FX comes out, I'll want a geforce FX :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I have the Sapphire Radeon 9700 Atlantis PRO 128MB
    Got it 319(VAt free too :p) got it off Komplett when it was in the specials..
    I seem to be getting black & white display when I hook it up the TV for some reason,anyone know why?
    I also tried a 15" moniter as the duel display, it acted as if it was recieving nothing though.. didn't give the duel moniter enough time me thinks..
    I love it though :D
    deadly graphics in max payne and UT2k3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

I have a pair of 19" tft's on mine

i think i just came a little

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

Lenny, is the TV-out outputting in PAL or NTSC. If its the latter, thats the reason, but you may be able to change it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Originally posted by RicardoSmith
    If you could hold on till the GeforceFX is released I think the Radeons might drop a little in price.

The FX should be available in around two weeks. I imagine the Radeons will plummet in price at that point (anyone remember the 8500's price before the GF4 came out?).

Im content with my Crucial 9700, but if i was getting a card now Id wait the two weeks.

Matt

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Originally posted by Kevok
    Lenny, is the TV-out outputting in PAL or NTSC. If its the latter, thats the reason, but you may be able to change it.

Not sure which setting it is set at, I just connect it directly to the side of the televeision and select "entension 2"
    I'll do a bit more fiddlin round, thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

The Geforce FX wont be widely available in Europe till April.
    It will be on limited release in the States in Feburary(barring delays), dont expect to see them in Ireland till April or later.
    They are on pre-order in Germany for about €700. They claim they wont have them till April.

I got a sapphire 9700 pro from komplett.
    Love it to bits and highly recommend it, Got it running at 350/325. (default is 325/315 or sommet)

The 9700np can be overclocked to 350/310 ish. Its a fair bit less money and only a bit of performance loss if you overclock it.

Advertisement