Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's official... the war is starting in mid-February

Options
13»

Comments

Originally posted by Snowball
    Thanx man, I have been looking for a site that has it layed out like that and also backs their stuff up.

Not that u care but u have just gone down the respect scale in my eyes. Do u even know how the American and British press (well not so much the british) work? If a newspaper or news channel were to slate the president or his goverment in any big way they would not be let back into any of the press conferances (for one) and they sued (prob, if they could get away with it) and ... they are also owned by the oil companies and they would never alow that anyways. u realy need to open ur eyes a bit

Oh really,if thats the way it works, I suppose, the New york times are banned from the whitehouse now for the article in their paper, which was the subject of a thread here a few days ago.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=79179
    and I quote:
    Before we go to war over Halabja, the administration owes the American people the full facts. And if it has other examples of Saddam Hussein gassing Kurds, it must show that they were not pro-Iranian Kurdish guerrillas who died fighting alongside Iranian Revolutionary Guards. Until Washington gives us proof of Saddam Hussein's supposed atrocities, why are we picking on Iraq on human rights grounds, particularly when there are so many other repressive regimes Washington supports?
    Quite frankly your theory doesn't hold water, if you're suggesting theres no press freedom in America and as for Oil baron ownership:rolleyes:
    u realy need to open ur eyes a bit
    As I say, just because there are lots of sites purpotring to prove aliens have invaded the Earth, doesn't mean I have yo believ them, the same applies to a lot of the nonsense , you spouted, to which i was originally replying, eg:
    the Bushes made a deal with their old family freind Bin Laden so that he attacks and they get to attack Iraq and get the oil. Bin Laden's deal is that he gets to live in a CIA safe house some were in the world and lives happily ever after. Ether or some other scrwed up thing would not suprise me at all.
    To open my eyes enough to even remotely go along with that notion, the tablets would have to be very strong:rolleyes:
    mm

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Most of the American media is, well, owned by other American media. Think AOLTimeWarner (including AOL, Warner Brothers, Warrner Music, HBO, New Line Cinema, Time Magazine, People, Sports Illustrated). Then you have syndication.

Man, I can understand your point of view, the American media does use the first amendment (freedom of speech). However, all too often they rely on Whitehouse briefings more than on-the-ground reporting. Even Dan Rather (presenter CBS Evening News) has admitted that the media has "sold out". Indeed a friend back from San Francisco has heard references of CNN
    (Cable Network News) as Communist Network News for merely making neutral (but still very pro-American from our point of view) references to the Iraq scenario.
    Originally posted by Snowball
    Not that u care but u have just gone down the respect scale in my eyes.
    Given the "shoot his mouth off, retract his (non)facts later" and abusive style of posting that Snowball has, this can only be a good thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meh

Originally posted by Hobbes
    http://www.unansweredquestions.org/
    Most of the stuff on that site has been comprehensively debunked. For example, their assertion that the damage to the Pentagon could not have been caused by a plane crash is disproved here. Their allegation that the bin Laden family was flown out of the US while all other planes were still grounded is also untrue. Not to mention their story about FEMA. In fact, the entire site seems to be nothing more than a compendium of rumours and unfounded speculation, with no hard evidence whatsoever.

Please read the snopes.com 9-11 section before you post in this forum again. And remember, linking to tinfoil-hat sites just makes you look dumb.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Like I said already. Did you bother your ass to read the complete timeline? Which is as correct an account of everything (and no where says that a plane didn't hit the pentagon)

Or did you just dismiss the site from reading the User feedback pages, which does have the sort of whacked type questions you mentioned (but aren't posted as fact by the site).

I thought prehaps you were right and looked through the complete timeline and could find no mention of the pentagon being staged?

As for your FEMA comment, if you bothered your ass to actually read the timeline you would see that they agree with the Snopes site.

So remember, not reading the sites that people post and automatically dimissing them makes you look dumb.

Advertisement