Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up a large projector system using DVD player + 2 VCDs

• 22-01-2003 2:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭

Right, I've got a mate organising a college event in Fireworks (ugh :p), and wants to use a projector to display a 2 minute sequence on a wall using a DVD player.

He went to a local crew who told him it would be about 6 grand to set up (wtf?). So we know fireworks have a big projector, and he has a DVD player....that's all that's needed isn't it?

And what video encoding is used on Vcd's.....I don't really know much about that whole thing.....

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Edit----Didnt read the post right.So all you probably need to do us plug in the dvd player to the projector using whatever connection is available--probably scart.

We did this here for one of the Irish world cup games.Firstly get a large white sheet and pin it to a wall etc.The projector we got was connected to the TV/video recorder using a standard scart lead.
    Aerial connection in and scart connection to the video recorder and second scart lead out to the projector.We had to use a video because we had no stand alone TV tuner or TV with 2 scart sockets.
    So I assume that the dvd player will connect via the scart socket too.

Hope this makes sense!!!!!!!

Fairly easy when you actually get down to using the projector.Most of them come with an array of connections-We were lucky that the one we had was scart.The company involved also wanted €1400 to set it up for us.

VCD are mpeg 2 I think.Go to www.vcdhelp.com and you`ll find all the relevant info for creating VCDs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

try http://www.vcdhelp.com

everything you need to know about vcd's there. Pretty easy to follow too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Cheers lads...nice one...:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Originally posted by Hellrazer
    Fairly easy when you actually get down to using the projector.Most of them come with an array of connections-We were lucky that the one we had was scart.The company involved also wanted €1400 to set it up for us.
    Chancers :)

VCD are mpeg 2 I think.Go to www.vcdhelp.com and you`ll find all the relevant info for creating VCDs.
    afaik VCD are mpeg1, SVCD are mpeg2 which is what DVDs are encoded in with some extra manual touching up, extra sound and subtitle features and "fluff", all on one disc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,016 ✭✭✭✭Stark

VCDs are MPEG1. SVCDS are MPEG2, same compression format used in DVDs, however DVDs use the full PAL/NTSC resolution, whereas SVCDs use about 2/3 of the full resolution.

• Advertisement
Advertisement